Oscar but smaller

Mii

I want a fish that will act like an oscar but doesn't grow so massive and won't need such a huge tank. Any suggestions?

jkkgron2

Mii said:
I want a fish that will act like an oscar but doesn't grow so massive and won't need such a huge tank. Any suggestions?
Convict cichlid?

A201

A single male Rivulatus - Green Terror or pair of Salvini could live long term in a 55 - 75 gal. Both species are very colorful w/ a lot of personality.
GT's grow to 8" - 10" while Salvinis max out between 6" - 8". I've kept several of both species, two of my favorites.
20200804_075150.jpg20200804_075230.jpg

aquachris

I have a salvini with my oscars, he's quite a character.

Mii

I think i really like the green terror gonna save up and get a 55(which may not seem like a big deal to some people but it's very expensive to a 14 year old kid) are there any possible tank mates? Would tiger barbs work long term or would the terror eat them? Or would the barbs nip the terror's fins too much? Also i suppose a big cichlid with a big mouth could fit a snail in said mouth do they pick on snails or just leave them alone?

A201

Buenos Aires Tetras would go well with a GT until he reaches 6" or 7" inches. At that point the Tetra population will suddenly begin to decline.

Mii

A201 said:
Buenos Aires Tetras would go well with a GT until he reaches 6" or 7" inches. At that point the Tetra population will suddenly begin to decline.
What about tiger barbs? Are those bigger than the tetras? Would they get along? I don't want to buy anything that will eventually just get eaten by the terror i want something that can live with it it's whole life

jkkgron2

Mii said:
What about tiger barbs? Are those bigger than the tetras? Would they get along? I don't want to buy anything that will eventually just get eaten by the terror i want something that can live with it it's whole life
You would probably be best off just keeping the terror by itself. They can get very aggressive once they reach maturity.

Top Bottom