Oscar but smaller

kazepriest

I absolutly love the color and look of oscars. Are their any fish that look like them color wise but won't grow to their size. Or If anyone knows of some dark and black colored fish that would be great.

pepetj

I absolutely love Oscars too. I went back and forth with the idea of going for it or not... until I did. If you want a pair of those, with excellent filtration, you could house just a pair in a 4 footer 90gal tank (48x18x24").

However, if you have restrictions for tank size, consider a 30gal (regular filtration will do) or even 20gal (with very good filtration) and you could house two paired-off Convicts. Those are dark coloured cichlids, and grow up to 6" only; their parenting behavior is awesome; you might end up with a lot of fry but other than that...

Pepe
Santo Domingo

platy ben

pepetj has a good idea but the problem is the fry are VERY hard to get rid off and you would probably end up with to many to home

kazepriest

Convicts I definatley am going to look into these also you know of any that look like the tiger Oscars those are my favorite

Shawnie

welcome to fishlore !!! where are you from kazepriest? and I agree convicts are fun..what size tank are you getting ready to stock?

kazepriest

20 But I'm going to buy a 55 in a few months.

Shawnie

we always say that but never seems to happen hahah...a pair of convicts would be great for a 20 gal....but that's all you will ever be able to put in there

Iron waffle

Awesome, convicts are fun, but aggressive. I would also suggest firemouths.

Top Bottom