Oscar bedding . . . .

1. brennan2010 Initiate Member

I was wondering what type of different bedding people use in with their Oscars because mine are always uprooting everything and I want somethin that will hold plants still look good without payin a fortune. Thanks for any ideas!

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

ive never had ANY luck with oscars and plants...fake or real ones...especially the bigger they get...good luck though!

3. brennan2010 Initiate Member

Yea and i have a pleco that goes out at night and turns the tank upside down!!!!!

4. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

Could you use the fake ones with the weighted base?? You wouldn't have to put them under the substrate so it would be easy to move them back to where they belong. I use them in my tanks that have bare bottoms

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

ill bet your oscars are more of a tank buster than your plec lol
    GREAT suggestion...I do have those but i had to bury the base under my gravel so they didnt end up with nose boo boo's LOL ..they are really crazy fish

6. brennan2010 Initiate Member

Thats a good idea il have to try that.

7. Camacho Member Member

you could silicon or some type of glue to stick them to the bottom of the tank but its impossable oscars will uproot everything and turn the tank into something they want and the way they like it.... good luck

8. brennan2010 Initiate Member

Yea my oscars are crazy! Every night I hear them diggin, bouncin off the walls, and they like to play with the filter nozzle so their filter used to constantly backup.

9. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

if you silicone anything, make sure its soft or pliable if they ram into it..as they will definitely try .....great idea for silk plants or soft decorations though!!!!!!!!

10. brennan2010 Initiate Member

I would try silicone but I dont wanna go through the mess if they just rip it apart again. LOL

11. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I have some really crazy vids of my kids....they are amazing fish for sure!

12. brennan2010 Initiate Member

The only types of plants they cant tear apart are the ones I handmake. So I overload my Piranha tank with whatever the oscars "dont like".

13. Camacho Member Member

oh i hear yea lol my oscar is an angel he/she wont ripp up anything.... yet haha ive had her/him for a month now and the tank is still the same shape and form ever since i got her/him

14. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

how big is your baby? give it time ;) you will find all kinds of things the older they get

15. Camacho Member Member

3-4 in same size and my jd's lol the only weird thing is that she eats flakes chews em then spits them out is that ok? but i will eat a whole pellet then go to her corner and lay down then a half hour goes by and she eats a pellet and then goes back to the corner? weird?

16. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

very normal..most oscars foods come out their gills..they are sloppy fish eating and pooing

17. brennan2010 Initiate Member

Does anybody know how to send a pic from their email to this thread? I finally got a pic of my oscars i sent it to my email through my phone so how do i post it on here?

18. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member