Oscar And Worms

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi! I have been in the hobby for about 2 1/2 years now and I recently got a oscar (small, about 2 inches). I am supper exited to get him out of my QT (he is still in quarantine). One question. The other day I went fishing and have some left over worms. I know oscars like worm and I actually gave him a wom before. Does anyone know of a way that I could create a worm colony. I have a small plastic bin and I was gonna put dirt in it, realease the worms and then catch and feed them to my oscar occasionally. Is this ok? I also have a Blood Parrot Cichlid (going to put the oscar with him, hope it works out lol). I am also wondering if I could give worms to the BP? Thanks

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My brother's 2 Oscars ate earthworms occasionally and loved them. They would also eat small balls of dog food from his hand. They'll basically eat anything they can fit in their mouths. They are becoming a problem in Florida due to people releasing ones that have outgrown their tanks into canals and streams. The Oscars are so voracious that they can start to take over from the native fish. On a side point, people who catch a large one while fishing for other fish say the Oscars are good eating.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom