Oscar And Flowerhorn?

InfernBlaze

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether or not I can possibly keep them together? they are both very tiny around 2 inches, currently, my flowerhorn is alone and my oscar is with a bichir and giant gourami, they are all very small

InfernBlaze

Reaction score
they aren't in a very big tank right now, I'll increase the size of their tank when they grow a bit right now they are tiny but ill move them in with my bigger tanks the gourami can go with the bass, my bigger oscar, a big spotted pleco, and my clown knife, don't worry, I am always willing to up the size of their tanks

InfernBlaze

Reaction score
ill try taking a picture when its morning, cuz it's night time where I am from

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Generally FH are pretty aggressive cichlids. Putting them with any tank mates will wreak havoc for the tank mate(s). You could try it and see what happens. You might have a FW that isn't that aggressive at all but if you do see signs of aggression and the Oscar isn't happy I would pull one out.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah I don’t think it will work. The Oscar will need a 125g tank with maybe another Oscar. If your going to do that get the other Oscar now so they grow together. Better chance of them getting along if they grow together. As for the flower horn it will need to be alone. Even another flowerhorn won’t work. There’s people here who keep just one in 250g tanks. They’re big and aggressive.

What kind of bass do you have?

Morpheus1967

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah I don’t think it will work. The Oscar will need a 125g tank with maybe another Oscar. If your going to do that get the other Oscar now so they grow together. Better chance of them getting along if they grow together. As for the flower horn it will need to be alone. Even another flowerhorn won’t work. There’s people here who keep just one in 250g tanks. They’re big and aggressive.

What kind of bass do you have?
Don't forget the bichir.

JessicaSwanlake

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It will probably be fine for a month or 3...until it isn't and you have a dead or very injured fish on your hands (probably the Oscar). In my expirience young Oscars can be bullied by any fish and Flowerhorns are some of the the biggest bullies. Very few people have successfully kept them with other fish without serious issues and even those that have tend to say you should keep them alone in at least a 75 gallon tank.

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 29 65.9%

Top Bottom