Ornery Betta Gets A New Home.

BLB

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So, I had my daughter's betta in my 29 gal long. He was playing nicely with my hatchets until about 2 weeks ago. He started getting snippy. I don't know why he decided he didn't like them anymore. There was plenty of room for them all to play. Anyway, today I set up a 6.5 gal just for him in my daughter's room. I used the safe start and put filter media in the filter. Now to stock the 29 gal with more fish....

Attachments

12Cin12

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BLB said:
So, I had my daughter's betta in my 29 gal long. He was playing nicely with my hatchets until about 2 weeks ago. He started getting snippy. I don't know why he decided he didn't like them anymore. There was plenty of room for them all to play. Anyway, today I set up a 6.5 gal just for him in my daughter's room. I used the safe start and put filter media in the filter. Now to stock the 29 gal with more fish....
That is one beautiful fish! what is his name?

OP
BLB

BLB

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
qquake2k said:
That looks nice, your daughter must be happy with it in her room. Is the tank one of these?

Yes, that's the tank, but I got it from Walmart and it was less $. Thank you. She is pumped!

OP
BLB

BLB

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
12Cin12 said:
That is one beautiful fish! what is his name?
Thank you. His name is Black Beauty. I had a better pic of him, but it was too big to upload on here and I didnt know how to shrink it down.

qquake2k

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BLB said:
Yes, that's the tank, but I got it from Walmart and it was less $. Thank you. She is pumped!
It's a good looking tank. If I had room for it, I'd get one for a betta.

OP
BLB

BLB

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
qquake2k said:
It's a good looking tank. If I had room for it, I'd get one for a betta.
We cleaned off her dresser for it. I understand not having room!

qquake2k

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BLB said:
We cleaned off her dresser for it. I understand not having room!
I'm flat surface challenged. If it's flat, I'll put something on it. And that is a gorgeous betta!

qquake2k

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BLB said:
Wow, $10 less! I am tempted, but I'll soon have a fourth aquarium. Three at home and one at work.

OP
BLB

BLB

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
qquake2k said:
Wow, $10 less! I am tempted, but I'll soon have a fourth aquarium. Three at home and one at work.
What's one more? Lol.

slinger

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have had Bettas since I first had aquariums at the age of 10. I can remember keeping any Betta then in "confinement within a community tank" as was always recommended by LFS in that day.

Today, I now have 5 Bettas, and each is in his own tank.

I don't think any other fish has the personality that a Betta has. While I have had them (only a very few) in "community tanks" and they seemed to be doing well,,, it seemed that sooner or later one day upon arriving home from work, I found damage of some sort to either a Betta, or other species. I have found more than one with tails & fins ripped out.

One of the LFS in my area always has a great supply of Bettas. It's HARD to not bring one more home,,, but like others, I too ama flat space challenged. During our breakfast today I mentioned to my wife that if I moved that chair,,,,,I got that look.

I may start my own recovery group,,, Betta Keepers Anonymous. Hi, I'm ______ and I have too many Bettas.:)

OP
BLB

BLB

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
slinger said:
I have had Bettas since I first had aquariums at the age of 10. I can remember keeping any Betta then in "confinement within a community tank" as was always recommended by LFS in that day.

Today, I now have 5 Bettas, and each is in his own tank.

I don't think any other fish has the personality that a Betta has. While I have had them (only a very few) in "community tanks" and they seemed to be doing well,,, it seemed that sooner or later one day upon arriving home from work, I found damage of some sort to either a Betta, or other species. I have found more than one with tails & fins ripped out.

One of the LFS in my area always has a great supply of Bettas. It's HARD to not bring one more home,,, but like others, I too ama flat space challenged. During our breakfast today I mentioned to my wife that if I moved that chair,,,,,I got that look.

I may start my own recovery group,,, Betta Keepers Anonymous. Hi, I'm ______ and I have too many Bettas.:)
I love the looks of Betas. They really are beautiful fish. But I also like other fish too and I really don't have room for more tanks. My daughter is so happy to have her fish in her room and wants to learn how to do water changes and care for it herself. I am more than happy to show her. She is 7 so while she will need help with the water changes, she is also old enough to monitor it on her own. Less work for me! Yay!

Cherie G

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
BLB said:
I love the looks of Betas. They really are beautiful fish. But I also like other fish too and I really don't have room for more tanks. My daughter is so happy to have her fish in her room and wants to learn how to do water changes and care for it herself. I am more than happy to show her. She is 7 so while she will need help with the water changes, she is also old enough to monitor it on her own. Less work for me! Yay!
That is so great that your daughter wants to be a part of caring for her fish, she will learn so much from the experience and have fun too! She'll know from a young age just what is involved in properly caring for her pets, very important life lesson. I am a firm believer in kids taking care of their own pets as is appropriate for their age and ability. My hat is off to both of you!

OP
BLB

BLB

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Cherie G said:
That is so great that your daughter wants to be a part of caring for her fish, she will learn so much from the experience and have fun too! She'll know from a young age just what is involved in properly caring for her pets, very important life lesson. I am a firm believer in kids taking care of their own pets as is appropriate for their age and ability. My hat is off to both of you!
Thank you. I completely agree. It teaches responsibility, and how to care for something other than themselves.

New Threads