Ornaments, Tank Equipment Question

1. Billy T

Billy T Member Member

im currently using some ornaments, heater, and sponge filter that used to be in my 10gallon for 2 of my guppies, who I think have dropsy. Was wondering when this process is over if and how I could return the equipment, ornaments to the 10 Gallon and what procedures to take? Thanks for any suggestions

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Dropsy isn’t contagious to other fish. I would just rinse the decor with tap water, dry it, and put it back in :)

3. OP
    OP
    Billy T

Billy T Member Member

Ok Thanks, hopefully I can return the guppies as well, but I know it’s not in my favor especially since they aren’t eating. But I have noticed one thing weird seems like when I first walk up they’re moving around ok but when they see me it’s like they’re mad at me and they just sit in one spot. Been in here since Thursday night. Unfortunately they’ve had it for awhile, thought maybe they were pregnant but then I came across a pic of dropsy and pretty sure that was it. They used to pig out in their 10G even the last time I fed them in their, but nothing in the qt. Their scales were kind of outlined in rectangles. When I get close they hide, idk just hope I’m doing the right thing. One of them really likes it under the bubbles the sponge creates, the other likes it under the plant decor. Both are pretty close to the heater and they’re usually pretty close to each other as they were introduced together but one used to kind of bully the other, not in here they’re kindve like Thelma and Louise in the qt. image.jpg image.jpg

4. OP
    OP
    Billy T

Billy T Member Member

What about the medicine getting on the tank equipment? I could water and bleach the ornaments but what about the heater?