Organizing 20, 45, .5, 1.5, 10 gallon tanks

mobnck

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ay! Hello!
Okay so basically, I have a 20 gallon tropical where ALL of my fish are except for my sick fish and my male betta. I think it would be easier to put together a list here:
45 gal: no fish
20 gal: all fish
10 gal: no fish
1.5 gal: female betta (recovering from dramatic stress)
.5 gal: male betta
I would like to organize my fish all nice and neat so that they are all happy. I DO KNOW that some of my fish in my 20 need to be schooled so I think maybe they should go into the 45 gal? I have no idea! Please try and help me organize these!! All of my fish in total are listed below:
3 guppies (f)
15 guppy fry (?)
1 lyretail swordtail (m)
1 black swordtail (m)
1 nerite snail (?)
5 nerite snail babies (?)
1 bamboo shrimp (?)
2 plecos (?)
1 Harlequin Rasbora (m?)
3 bettas (f)
1 betta (m)
1 kuhlI loach (?)
1 glass catfish

PS: I will most probably be selling 13 guppy fry, and the 2 plecos (once they are too big for my tank)

velveteentuzhi

Reaction score
Just a couple: loach and pleco should probably go into the 45 gallon. You can put the 5 guppies and one swordtail into the 20 gallon (along with two or so snails if you want).
Separate the two swordtails, since both of yours are male. If you don't you need to have a lot of hiding space since male swordtails usually don't get along.
Maybe put the glass catfish in the 20 gallon?
That's all I got, hope it helps a little

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Flowingfins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok,

There are 4 bettas right? I would divide the 10 into 2 sections. Is the 20 a high or long? I would divide that into either 2 or 4, depending on whether it's a long or high.

What species of pleco?

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Glass cats like to be in groups and have loads of hiding places (skittish fish that prefer lights out lol). Go to the pleco id forum and post pictures, the members here would be able to identify them for you!

MongooseALaMode

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This is what I would do:

10g split with two female bettas and one snail on each side
20g with guppies, sword tails and 3 snails
45g with bamboo shrimp, plecos, Harlequin Rasbora, 1 female betta (the most tolerant of the 3), KuhlI Loaches, and Glass Cats

I would also get a 5 gallon for the male betta but if that isn't possible at the moment put him in the 1.5

New Threads