Ordering Plants Online

Discussion in 'Commercial Websites' started by Lunnapr11, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Lunnapr11

Lunnapr11 Valued Member Member

Just rinse the plants well, look for any snail eggs, and if possible leave them for few days on a QT tank. I forgot to do all this when I ordered hornwort from Fosters and Smith... I can't get rid of the snails I got now :(

I totally trust "wetgreenthing" and "plantsfactory" on eBay... gorgeous and healthy plants at an awesome price. Avoid "Grumpy-Bear-Art" on eBay, they sent some a horrid thing that look more like a bag of tea than a plant! Also, most eBay sellers have a buy 2 and the 3rd is free promo, so look for those ;)

2. kjlife

kjlife Valued Member Member

Is there a way to remove snail eggs

3. OP
    OP
    Lunnapr11

Lunnapr11 Valued Member Member

Use a soaking solution, about 1 gal of water and 1/2 tbsp of potassium permanganate. Soak for 15-20 min, then rinse with water before planting in the tank.

4. kjlife

[​IMG]
    Also can any more experinced people tell me what this is on leaves of this one plant is italgae or some kind of new growth

5. SeattleRoy

SeattleRoy Well Known Member Member

Hi kjlife,

If you are referring to the growths at the leaf tips those are java fern plantlets with roots; perfectly normal. In a month or so they should be large enough to remove and attach to hardscape....free plants!

6. kjlife

Oh man wish I would have seen this reply I trimmed them all off

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice