Ordering Plants Online

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry, I think I've asked this before, but what is a good place to get plants online?

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Only problem is my parents don't want me giving personal information to people online...which I suppose would be necessary if I got plants from off-ice...so I will have to find a company or somethin that sells plants.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As a parent I can totally understand your parents concerns. The only place i have ordered plants is from off-ice and from aquabid so you would have the same problem there. You might try www.aquariumplants.com they are one of the advertisers on plantgeek.net. I've heard good things about them.
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I believe this is also a good aquarium plants online store:
Read the section "About Us" there. Judging by their statements, they seem like a credible and good aquarium plants store.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The only bad thing about going to a company online for live items is BE SURE to check out the shipping charges and whether or not they have a minimum order. I tried to order from and found that they wouldn't take orders for less than $30.00 and there was a $30.00 shipping charge. It was not clearly mentioned in the literature, so be sure to ask up front.

Rose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks everyone!
I'm assuming Cryptocoryne undulata and C. undulatas are the same plant, do you guys think so?

*note to self, ignore: Crypts and JF at aquariumplants.com

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
0morrokh said:
Only problem is my parents don't want me giving personal information to people online...which I suppose would be necessary if I got plants from off-ice...so I will have to find a company or somethin that sells plants.
I take it you've seen his many tattoos and piercings! I understand your parent's concern. I have bought stuff from off-ice since getting into this hobby, and recommend him highly. You could always order from him and have the box sent to a friend's address. I just hate to see you pay high prices for plants and on shipping when his plants are so much cheaper, prettier, and the shipping is exactly what it costs him to mail it.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, I'll see what I can do. I don't think my parents will let me though. I trust you guys but my parents have this mindset of bad people being on the internet...*sigh*

Anyone know where you can get that Anacharis stuff? I can buy Java Fern at a store and they have the Crypts I want at that aquariumplants site, but I can't find Anacharis anywhere. ???

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh never mind I found Anacharis...I hadn't thought to look under "bunched plants"...doh.....

*another note to self, ignore: Anacharis at aquariumplants.com and JM
:

Butterfly, this aquariumplants site looks great and actually has all the plants I need! Do you happen to know what they charge for shipping if you have ordered there before? (the aquariumgarden site was awesome too, but didn't have all the plants I want)

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I haven't personally ordered from them. But I played around with the site some and then called them. what you have to do is put your stuff in the shopping cart, then when your ready to checkout it will as for your information. All I put in was state and zipcode then pushed the "calculate shipping" button and it gave me choices. They seemed really reasonable. Hope that helps.
Carol

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
0morrokh go over to www.plantgeek.net , go to the forums and scroll down to sponsors aquariumplants is there check out some of the questions that have been asked, and ask some of your own the fella that answers the questions is the general manager for aquariumplants.
Carol

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you wait a day or two I can probably find a good site from some friends, also I know how you feel because my parents won't let me give my address out, you can ask Gunnie that, try and find a person who has a PO box and ask if you can have it sent their then off-ice can send you plants, or get one, it's 20$ for 6 months for the smallest one and if the item is two big they hold it at the desk for you, I might get one this summer so I can get different plants from people. 

Austin

P.S. Sorry for the late exchange Gunnie.

I just asked for you, waiting for a response, should be able to get you one tomorrow night after I'm done paintballing.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here's some that some people recommended: aquabotanic.com or freshwateraquariumplants.com
petsolutions.com(my friend orders lots from this site and has no complaints, they don't seem to have a lot of live plants though, but a few. The rest I don't know about, I haven't checked them out either, there just from other people who has used them.

Austin

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a correction to the above information about LiveAquaria.com. The $30.00 shipping charge is for fish and invertebrates and reef plants. Freshwater plants are shipped for only $11.95.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom