Ordering Online

1. ramsbee

ramsbee Valued Member Member

So we had a power outage last weekend that ended up flipping a breaker when the power returned. We were in bed and unfortunately my 4 year olds oranda tank was on that circuit. Needless to say he woke up to two dead orandas and clown pleco. We got one oranda and pleco but he would really like to replace his blue oranda he had. We called every single lfs within 2 hours of our house and they have none and no clue when they will get more. My question is has anyone ordered from online? If so what sites are reputable? Also I worry that it will come while I'm at work which would make it a time matter because I still have to work for another 3 to 5 hours depending on whonis delivering.

On a plus note his tetra tank made it and his female bloodfin just dropped eggs as I was typing this

2. mclemente06

mclemente06 Valued Member Member

Ordering online is a very legitimate option. You need to find a site that operates near you and do some research about it.I can't really recommend sites to you because I don't know if they'll be close enough to you. They're not hard to find though.

3. OP
    OP
    ramsbee

ramsbee Valued Member Member

Thanks Matt! As far as being at work and having to work several hours first do you think the fish would be ok?

4. mclemente06

mclemente06 Valued Member Member

I know sites like liveaquaria.com do overnight shipping and I would have to assume that if you order fish the day before a day you don't have to work, they should be guaranteed to arrive the next day. Liveaquaria in fact will ship on Saturdays in some areas, so you should find a site that can ship on a day you don't work (I'm assuming a Saturday). If you buy them during a work day, I would have someone you trust go to your house and acclimate the fish and add them. If you leave a fish in a bag for almost 24 hours, it could survive, but it's risky.

*they would die from the heater pack cooling, usually online retailers use ammonia detoxifyer in their bags of fish

(shipping is also crazy expensive)