Ordering fish online

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by JustaJoker, Jun 23, 2016.

1. J

JustaJoker New Member Member

Hey everyone,

Apologies if this thread is posting in the wrong section, here goes anyway. My lfs closed down about a month ago, and I'm looking to get back into the hobby after about a year's break. Does anyone know what to expect when ordering fish online? Also, some reliable websites would be greatly appreciated. (for plants and fish while I'm at it)

Thanks,

Justin

2. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

A lot of people, including myself, have had good experiences with trinsfish.com. PM tyguy7760 and he can give you a coupon code.

3. fisharegreat8962

fisharegreat8962 Valued Member Member

Just like Geoff said, trinsfish.com is really reliable. liveaquaria.com is really good too, their fish are always nice and healthy. I've never had a bad experience with them. Other places might end up giving you dead fish. So here's what to expect. It's not like you're just going to see a bag with water and fish in the mail. You'll see a box. You'll open the box and instead of seeing a bag with water and fish, you'll see Styrofoam. You'll open the Styrofoam and THEN you'll see the bag, nicely cushioned by Styrofoam. This is so that the fish do not get harmed during the trip.

Wishing the best for you and your fishies!

4. OP
    OP
    J

JustaJoker New Member Member

Alrighty, thanks for the insights guys.

5. RockLobster

RockLobster New Member Member

Imperial Tropicals! I get my rainbow fish from here and their shipping is top notch! Most of all it's free shipping if you spend 45 dollars or more, you just can't beat that. Great reviews and you can check YouTube for how they handle each package, as well as their breeding farms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice