Ordering fish online

1. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

I only did that once. I ordered 5 black skirt tetras although all 5 survived, they were not what I ordered. I got the long fins. Was wondering what experience everyone else has had with online orders?

2. Lchi87 Well Known Member Member

I have had great experiences with Trinsfish so far. Bob's tropical plants had one DOA but never confirmed shipment or provided a tracking # so I can't help but wonder if the DOA would have been alive still had I known the package was on its way. I was actually out of town when the fish arrived and my boyfriend got the package but didn't think to open it right away as I would have told him I was expecting fish but since I never got shipping confirmation or tracking info he assumed it wasn't time sensitive. I wrote them an email explaining that they should have let me know one way or another that the fish were on their way and that I had DOA but never got a response.

3. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

i've had the best luck with trinsfish.com.

4. ashleyb Member Member

I just ordered a Sulawesi King snail, a magenta mystery snail and a bunch of plants from trinsfish.com today. Although they aren't live fish, I'll let you know how the snails show up! This is my first time ordering online and I'm a bit nervous.

5. AnthonyHutchison Member Member

Best luck with live aquaria

6. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

I'm nervous too that's why I started thus thread. So far it seams I have nothing to worry about

7. ashleyb Member Member

My boyfriend ordered his glass catfish from liveaquaria and only had one DOA out of 7. I'd say that's pretty good!

8. clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

I ordered my betta from ebay. Many of my plants came from various amazon sellers, and peabodyparadise.

9. LJC6780 Well Known Member Member

I was thinking of ordering some celestial pearl danios from eBay. Our LFS wants way too much per fish to order through him.

10. Lady Monster Well Known Member Member

I've been wanting magenta!!!

11. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

If anyone is interested in ordering from trinsfish in the future I have a coupon I'd be willing to share over IM.

12. ashleyb Member Member

Well my shipment from Trinsfish arrived today. The magenta snail is lovely. However, the Sulawesi King snail arrived empty. As in the shell is completely empty and devoid of any inhabitant. I don't believe there was one to begin with as there isn't even a body in the packaging... They sent me an empty shell. I've contacted the supplier and hopefully they make good on this. I was pretty excited and then extremely let down.

13. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

I just ordered 3 plants from trinsfish. I'm kind of excited, I hope I'm not disappointed. I don't have much luck ordering things online.

14. ashleyb Member Member

I emailed them and they apologized. The guy I spoke with is named Rick and said "sometimes we go to move one in the tank and they vanish.. They secrete something that makes the shells still stick but the snail disappears." Which in my experience I know to be true too, lol. He is sending me a replacement free of charge. Thumbs up!

15. JeffK Well Known Member Member

Good to hear! I've always had pleasant experiences with trinsfish.

16. Kasye Member Member

I've ordered a dwarf puffer off eBay, and cherry shrimp off Amazon. So far, I haven't had a bad experience, haha!

17. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Rick is the guy I always work with as well. He's always been great

18. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

Thank you all for the replies. I can't wait until Thursday, that's when my plants arrive