Ordering Fish Meds Online?

1. Sen

Sen Valued Member Member

Quick question(s) regarding purchasing fish medications online...

Where does one order from, and are there any particularly reputable vendors?

The PetCo I got my most recent betta from didn't carry any fish meds (as far as the employee I asked knew, as it is), and I'm wondering what the (hopefully good) options are regarding purchasing kanaplex, Jungle Fungus Clear, etc. from online vendors. Also, what would you say are the most commonly-used medications for your bettas?

2. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

3. J

JR- New Member Member

Hello :) I know that amazon sells both of the medications you listed above. I wouldn't hesitate buying from amazon because from my experience, for me, the shipping was substantially fast and I acquired the medication fast as well. They also have a review area, so you can see other peoples experience with the vendors as well as the rating for the medication. Amazon also has good communication with the vendors a vast majority of the time, so I would definitely consider buying from amazon. Another feature I like is if there was an issue with the product you could get a refund, which is great. I would definitely consider getting fish medications from amazon, so far all of my experiences have been very good, in terms of fish medications and amazon.
    However if you decide not to go that route there is another website I have bought from a couple of times called bigalspets. Again like amazon, they have an area where you can see others review, which is great. Im not sure if they ship internationally but I believe they ship in both Canada and the US.
    Last but not least, you could buy directly from the company that creates the product. I know that not all the companies sell the product that they have created but in the instances that they do, you could buy from them. Although, for example Kanaplex is carried by Seachem, but sachem does not sell their products so you can't buy directly from them but they do give you and option to find a dealer nearby. Another thing as well is to consider buying from another lfs, and maybe they can be phoned before hand to see if they sell the products.
    In terms of most commonly-used medications it all depends on the disease my better has/developed. I know I always have aquarium salt, frozen peas and Epsom salt on hand. Here are a couple of medications that seem to work Maracyn-Two + Maracyn, Trisulfa, Maracyn-Plus, Triple Sulfa, Tetracycline, Furanase, Furan-2, Rid-Fungus
    I would be careful with kanaplex because it is extremely strong and can cause liver damage to the Bettas liver, I would advise to use in only in severe cases. I would completely stay away from pima fix and melafix because it could be deadly to the Betts air labyrinth. Hope I could help, and by the way your betta is absolutely beautiful!

4. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

5. OP
    OP
    Sen

Sen Valued Member Member

Thank you so much for the replies!

I haven't heard of Paraguard before! I'll definitely take a look at that one.

Wow! I really appreciate all the information, especially with regards to handling the medications. It's good to know which meds to be especially careful with. (And aww, thanks! My delta tail loves to camera mob and pose for pictures. Such a drama king.)

This helps a lot! I've ordered some fish food from Amazon before, but I was a little unsure about which brands sold reliable meds. I'll check out API and Hikari (I wasn't aware Hikari sold medication as well)!

6. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

Hikari Prazipro is one of my favorite preventative meds. I use it with all my new fish. It is super gentle, safe for fish, plants, and inverts. Along with working very well to get rid of parasites. I highly recommend it.