Ordering at Dr. Foster and Smith

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm thinking of asking my dad to buy some things for me at dr. foster and smith but in case he doesn't want to buy it since he might think it isn't secure does anybody know if the money order/check through mail is ok to do?

thanks

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It just takes longer to get your things as the check has to clear before they will ship your items, but it is perfectly fine.

Rose

Eskielvr

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes, they accept checks too.

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
 A money order is just like cash, in that everyone takes them and they don't have to wait for them to clear your bank.   It would be safe, and faster than a personal check.   Since you fill out, on the money order  who it is addressed to and you have a copy of it to keep, if there is a problem, you have proof you paid. The Post Office also has to keep track of who cashes them, or they are suppose to  at least check ID to cash them.  They really are the safest, most reliable form of payment.   Your Dad is just being reasonable, I applaud him for trying to be computer wise.  Hope it works out.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok so I'l probably have to do a money order but do I call them to get the price or something, it's a little confusing on the website because I'd like to get a sale on one of there items.

thanks

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If they have a sale on an item they show the marked down price right under the original price. If a marked down price isn't under it then it's not on sale. Natalie

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya but I'm wondering, what if I send in a money order while they have a sale but when they get it, the sales off, wiill I still get the sale?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have used my Debit card with them and am very pleased with their efforts at security as well as their service. They also have a hotline if you have any questions.
Carol

kisatsky

Reaction score
I have order from Dr Foster and Smith. As long as you see it is a secure site with the lock at them bottom of the screen you are safe.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you are ordering from a catalog and it has an expiration date then you have to get it there before the expiration date or the sale is off. It is the same if you order from online, but I will say that they seem to let their sale items stay on for a long time. Their Visi-therm Stealth heaters were on for over a year and the Eclipse System 12 tanks have been on now for some time (before Christmas) and still going. You can always call and ask how long you have to send in the money order to get that price. Usually the sale item will have a different number or something other places but I do not know if it works that way here.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks everybody, my dad is just getting over being sick so I'll have to wait a few days till I can ask him probably, it will be hard convincing him to buy me 100$ worth of stuff even though I'm paying for it but hope all goes well. Will let him that you all had good luck with them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom