Orconectes Interest?

H Farnsworth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Is it illegal to trade and sell all Orconectes or just O rustica. Rusty crayfish? I have access to an unlimited amount as I’m studying the ecological effect of crayfish in NH and VT maybe even Northern MA.

MD_Plants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Where would you be obtaining these crayfish? Has in what state? Some states prohibit the sale and purchase of crayfish while some you need a liceases, while in some states you don’t need anything. Like in NH it’s illegal to release them into natural environment, vermont, there’s not really any laws about it but it is listed has non-native and could be invasive so you probably can’t introduce any there, but I don’t see taking from there being a problem.

H Farnsworth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I live in NH so the catching and selling and export isn’t an issue. I wouldn’t be releasing as I’m trying to assist in lowering the population. I’d probably just have to pay attention to where I’m shipping?

MD_Plants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You'll have to make sure the place your shipping is legal and it wont become super invasive. In my opinion it would probably be hard to ship them but im sure youll find a way. You could also just find a nice crayfish recipe.

MD_Plants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i personally wouldnt compost them has they'll stink horribly. And they would probably just rot instead. Has for your initial question you should really call your state wildlife management and conservation and see what they have to say.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom