Orchid pic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TedsTank, Dec 21, 2009.

1. TedsTank

TedsTankWell Known MemberMember

Yahoo!! My cattalaya orchid has bloomed...right on time every year. The variety is "Kings Ransom" a very large white.

Attached Files:

2. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

stunning...

3. Kerber23Valued MemberMember

very pritty :)

4. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

It's beautiful Ted! Thanks for sharing. Does it have a good aroma?
    Ken

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

That's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pic. You definitely have a green thumb.

6. Robin4

Robin4Valued MemberMember

Gorgeous flower.... :)

Robin

7. OP
    OP
    TedsTank

The scent can be very strong but only in direct sunlight!! It's strange how they do that....now, where I have them it's a very faint scent. It is a lovely aroma though. I need to divide it this spring and "up" pot it to a larger pot. If I have extra slips I will post it in late spring. IMO "Kings Ransom" is one of the absoutely top white Cattelaya varieties.

8. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

That's beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :)

9. navyscuba

navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

Ted that is an awesome Orchid you got there. I grow them too. Right now I have about 5 blooming on my garage is quite cold for them outside. I haven't finish my greenhouse so for now they are inside. Gotta finish the roof and side poly panels and get a good heater for the winter and I'll be set. I got a misting system I got about a year ago too. :;toast

10. OP
    OP
    TedsTank

It's a fun hobby too! I had an 18 x 24 greenhouse in Virginia and built an auto misting system. My favorites were the Vandas and that family but can't do them well here. I still have a Lady Slipper type Paphiopedillum with the petals that get 12 - 18 inches long.....foo manchoo!!!!...should bloom this year I hope....been checkin for a bloom spike!

11. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Gorgeous!
    I have 1 orchid, and it's alive but beyond that the only thing I know about it is it'll bloom in about 8 more years.

Orchids are pretty but I think I'll stick with my roses :p

12. speed0factory

speed0factoryValued MemberMember

nice a very big one, and do you know that orchid is the national flower of Singapore??? :)

13. da bearNew MemberMember

My wife is very much into orchids, check this out.

14. Tigerlily

TigerlilyWell Known MemberMember

Incredibly beautiful, Ted!

da bear, your wife's orchids are stunning also...and what a greenhouse!

15. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

ted, da bear's wife:
    i'm really impressed. :;nw

16. OP
    OP
    TedsTank

da bear,....wow stunning...making me wish I had my greenhouse again...memories!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice