Orchid pic

1. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Yahoo!! My cattalaya orchid has bloomed...right on time every year. The variety is "Kings Ransom" a very large white.

Attached Files:

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

stunning...

3. Kerber23 Member Member

very pritty :)

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

It's beautiful Ted! Thanks for sharing. Does it have a good aroma?
    Ken

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

That's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pic. You definitely have a green thumb.

6. Robin4 Member Member

Gorgeous flower.... :)

Robin

7. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

The scent can be very strong but only in direct sunlight!! It's strange how they do that....now, where I have them it's a very faint scent. It is a lovely aroma though. I need to divide it this spring and "up" pot it to a larger pot. If I have extra slips I will post it in late spring. IMO "Kings Ransom" is one of the absoutely top white Cattelaya varieties.

8. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

That's beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :)

9. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Ted that is an awesome Orchid you got there. I grow them too. Right now I have about 5 blooming on my garage is quite cold for them outside. I haven't finish my greenhouse so for now they are inside. Gotta finish the roof and side poly panels and get a good heater for the winter and I'll be set. I got a misting system I got about a year ago too. :;toast

10. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

It's a fun hobby too! I had an 18 x 24 greenhouse in Virginia and built an auto misting system. My favorites were the Vandas and that family but can't do them well here. I still have a Lady Slipper type Paphiopedillum with the petals that get 12 - 18 inches long.....foo manchoo!!!!...should bloom this year I hope....been checkin for a bloom spike!

11. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Gorgeous!
    I have 1 orchid, and it's alive but beyond that the only thing I know about it is it'll bloom in about 8 more years.

Orchids are pretty but I think I'll stick with my roses :p

12. speed0factory Member Member

nice a very big one, and do you know that orchid is the national flower of Singapore??? :)

13. da bear Initiate Member

14. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Incredibly beautiful, Ted!

da bear, your wife's orchids are stunning also...and what a greenhouse!

15. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

ted, da bear's wife:
    i'm really impressed. :;nw

16. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

da bear,....wow stunning...making me wish I had my greenhouse again...memories!!!