orangle to yellowish

sophiajames

hello.. I just want to ask do bleeding heart tetra change color??
I gave 1 pair of bleeding heart to my friend (new hobbyist too). as I remember the original color of its tail was orange but then she called me telling about the color change of its tail (turned to yellowish/pale). if it does, what are the factors?
I want to help my friend

steed1172

color change is most likely from shock/stress, due to new water/tank/being moved...

at this time the fish's immune systems could be lowered... and would be a good idea to do small daily water changes until they are more settled in, and for good measures, if you have some use stress coat + helps rebuild their slime coat(acts like our skin to ward off infections)

I would guess the fish will have orange colors again within a day or two.

also... they could be being chased by other fish in new tank?

sophiajames

thanks!!! I hope it will all be well now..

sophiajames

what's the case if the fish is being chased by another?? what to do incase??

steed1172

it depends on the chaser, could you provide aquarium information of your friends tank?

could be that the fish are not suitable for the same tank, tank is too small, or territory issues.

the first two go together a bit, fish that may not normally be housed together may find enough space in a much larger tank.(not true with all fish)

in case of territory issues, some will back down some will not. this also depends on the kind of fish, as some fish tend to be more mellow than others, and some more aggressive.

tell your friend to rearrange the aquarium decorations/and or add more hiding places, which will confuse fish that had previous territories, and offer more(in case of adding)territory/safe houses... mixing the aquarium decor up usually works better though... if chasing and aggression continue, one of them will have to be removed.

sophiajames

oh I see... thanks for the suggestion..
I gave my friend a pair of sunset platy and 1 pair of bleeding heart too.. plus my old 5 gal tank because I upgraded it to 10 gal.... the case was 1 bleeding heart is being chased by a sunset platy.. I can't distinguished if they're both male though..

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom