Orange Spot Rabbitfish

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Morgan111, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Morgan111

Morgan111 Well Known Member Member

I bought one yesterday from my favorite LFS and I'd never seen one before I know he eats well and after leaving him in the dark all yesterday in my Q tank I turned on his light today and he ate MYSIS and Spirulina tonight so all seems well with him... or her lol.... anyways I'm not as familiar with this breed so any info is appreciated... thanks in advance.

as I understand they are peaceful and reef safe and like to feed off of algae with A MAX SIZE OF LIKE 5".

OHHH YEA HE/SHE SEEMS TO BE NAMED >>>>>>>> RABBIT LOL I know original

HORRIBLE PICTURE ATTACHED BUT HE WOULDNT HOLD STILL LOL

PS. HAPPY EASTER ALL

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  2. d

dee34 Valued Member Member

lovely fish there congrats , are they reef safe ?

3. OP
    OP
    Morgan111

COME ON EVERYONE IT IS EASTER AND IM ASKING ABOUT A RABBIT FISH lol where is the help here :) he is hiding eggs in my Q tank for me all night lol

4. OP
    OP
    Morgan111

Well I learned he will get a lil bigger than I thought he would and he may nip at feather dusters.... anyone know if he will nip at coco worms? he doesnt seem interested in my coco's yet.

5. OP
    OP
    Morgan111

well I guess I'll just GOOGLE rabbit fish lol....... WHERE DID EVERYBODY GO???????

ARBY'S BIG ROAST BEEF SALE ;-)

6. D

David C Well Known Member Member

He looks really nice, unfortunately I have no idea about rabbit fish. I'm into the smaller fish I guess. I hope he leaves your worms alone, it would be sad to see them eaten :(

Dave

7. ATP

ATP Well Known Member Member

I don't have an orange rabbitfish.....,but I have a foxface rabbitfish:) He nevers touches my corals and invertebrates..except when there's algae on them. Most rabbitfihes love algae and they're semi-reef safe.

8. OP
    OP
    Morgan111

thanks I was reading ant the fox and orange spot seemed to share most of the same description

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice