Orange patch on betta’s back

Effieee

I recently got a betta and he has a patch on his head and back that looks like he’s missing scales. Anyone know what I can do for this? Currently I’m using stress coat to help repair the damaged area, but if anyone has any better suggestions I would really appreciate it

Effieee

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 10g
How long has the tank been running? 2 weeks
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 78F
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) 1 betta, 10 ember tetras

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Every other day (still cycling)
How much of the water do you change? ~25%
What do you use to treat your water? API stress coat
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Water only currently

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? No, fish in cycling
What do you use to test the water? Tetra easystrips
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: currently can’t test but will get tests asap
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 10-20ppm
pH: 6.8

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Once per day
How much do you feed your fish? Very very small pinch for tetras, 3-4 pellets for betta
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Aqueon and hikari
Do you feed frozen? No
Do you feed freeze-dried foods? No

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 4 days
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 4 days
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Betta had this issue when I got him. He has an orange area that seems to be missing scales on his back.
Have you started any treatment for the illness? Giving stress coat at damaged fins dose
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? Yes
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? Much more lively since I got him and orange patch seems narrower

Explain your emergency situation in detail.
(Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
I purchased a betta a few days ago that had a patch of orange skin that is missing scales. I’m currently using API stress coat to treat, but I want to know if anyone has any better suggestions. Fish seems happy and isn’t in any distress, swims actively and interacts with environment, eating is normal. I’m currently still cycling the tank! Was previously cycling with fish food and plants, but now I’m doing a fish in cycle with no issues

Sokamix

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 10g
How long has the tank been running? 2 weeks
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 78F
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) 1 betta, 10 ember tetras

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Every other day (still cycling)
How much of the water do you change? ~25%
What do you use to treat your water? API stress coat
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Water only currently

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? No, fish in cycling
What do you use to test the water? Tetra easystrips
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: currently can’t test but will get tests asap
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 10-20ppm
pH: 6.8

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Once per day
How much do you feed your fish? Very very small pinch for tetras, 3-4 pellets for betta
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Aqueon and hikari
Do you feed frozen? No
Do you feed freeze-dried foods? No

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 4 days
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 4 days
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Betta had this issue when I got him. He has an orange area that seems to be missing scales on his back.
Have you started any treatment for the illness? Giving stress coat at damaged fins dose
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? Yes
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? Much more lively since I got him and orange patch seems narrower

Explain your emergency situation in detail.
(Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
I purchased a betta a few days ago that had a patch of orange skin that is missing scales. I’m currently using API stress coat to treat, but I want to know if anyone has any better suggestions. Fish seems happy and isn’t in any distress, swims actively and interacts with environment, eating is normal. I’m currently still cycling the tank! Was previously cycling with fish food and plants, but now I’m doing a fish in cycle with no issues
You seem to be doing everything well, I would just cut down the food a little bit to 2-3 pellets a day to prevent bloating/swim bladder. Anyways, that looks like it’s either an ammonia burn or a burn from a heater. Or the betta can be changing color, they tend to do that. Just keep medicating him and keep us posted!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Salem
Replies
Views
Debbie1986
  • Question
Replies
Views
FoldedCheese
  • Question