Orange lump on molly's eye

Molly245

Hi, my male molly has a weird lump on its eye, it looks like a tumour, and other orage lump on his gills on the other side. Another one has a similar lump on its fin. They both seem happy and healthy otherwise but i worry what it might be? Please help.

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
Molly245 said:
Sorry, new to this forum so did not manage to add images with the original post. Here's two puctures of my poor lumpy guy ((
that looks odd, is it possible for you to get a side view of the fish?

OP
Molly245

Molly245

Ssnaaiil said:
that looks odd, is it possible for you to get a side view of the fish?
Please see below, these are the best i could manage. Also, there is a picture of his orange brother with the same kind of lump on his fin. I have no idea what these might be. Fungus? (( these are my best two boys, im really worried about them

Attachments

OP
Molly245

Molly245

gosh, thank you!! yes, it came on gradually and since other guy now have it, too it must be contagious ((

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
After I did some more reading I realized that. The best thing I could find that looked similar to my yours is the Lymphocystis

OP
Molly245

Molly245

Thank you. I have been reading about it, id does sound like Lymphocystis. No idea what to do now, I have a big batch of baby mollies in the same tank I was going to take to the pet shop together with my female but it looks like I can't do that. I only have a small tank and made a mistake sexing one of the mollies, hence the babies. I can only have about 4 fish in there, not 15...(((

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
Honestly I’m not too sure either what the next step should be, hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself sees this and is able to help/point you in the right direction

OP
Molly245

Molly245

Ssnaaiil said:
Honestly I’m not too sure either what the next step should be, hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself sees this and is able to help/point you in the right direction
thank you for your help anyway! ))

New Threads