Orange cherry shrimp from rcs?

FBI

It's my 4th month into shrimp tank. I have alot baby shrimp from the breeding going on in tank. The oldest baby shrimp are now 2 months old, however i notice alot of them alr ready to breed. I assumed it was because i feed them frequently and something with my food.

Here is the comparison between the bright red cherry shrimp ( parent to the other shrimp pic) and orange colour shrimp.

Do they stay like that? Are they supposed to start redden up a while ago or it will start colouring up as it goes?

*Note that I'm still surprised how early it started to breed. I thought it will take another 1-2 month for them to reach adulthood.

Attachments

• IMG20210720163544.jpg
    IMG20210720163544.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG20210720164037.jpg
    IMG20210720164037.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 18

richiep

I'd be very surprised at that the record for a baby shrimp to breed is 49 days but generally the earliest youl see them breed is 4 months

Upvote 0

Yeoy

The colour definitely comes in more as the shrimp mature, and with cherries the general rule is that females have better colouring than males. Agreed that even if they show slight saddling they probably aren't ready yet. No rush though. They'll breed in their own time and generally cherry shrimp are pretty prolific.

Upvote 0

AvaTheFish

What's your water temp? This can really speed up the process if your temp is warmer.

Upvote 0

FBI

What's your water temp? This can really speed up the process if your temp is warmer.
26-28C

Upvote 0

AvaTheFish

This would probably be why thehmatured so fast... good blood and warm water....
They matured*

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FBI
  • Question
Replies
Views
michaelsf90
Replies
Views