Oranda Wen Ripped?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by Usagi, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Usagi

UsagiNew MemberMember

- Peeling Wen?!?!? -
    I was just doing a water change a
    few minutes ago and while checking my over developed Oranda's Wen. I noticed it looks like the top layer of skin is peeling off.. I tried to Google it. But no results.
    Is this something I should be worried about?? He's already blind from the size of his Wen.
    One more issue. At the very start of the video notice his Left fin is almost blood red where it connects to the body. Not the ends of the fin or even on the other side.
    Advice would be great.
    Relief would be even better..
    Perimeters - Before W. C
    50 G, (No tank mates)
    Amm 0
    PH 7.2
    Nit, 0
    Nit2, 5

It won't let me upload video.. : l

Attached Files:

2. meyowmeow

meyowmeowValued MemberMember

First off, I am so sorry your lil guy is hurt! What are his tank mates? Could it be from an injury?

3. OP
    OP
    Usagi

UsagiNew MemberMember

Theres no tank mates.. And a bare bottom with nothing that could hurt him. Empty 50G plastic pond. Filter and some java fern. : l

Is that what this is? External damage done to his Wen? Io really don't know how. Wish someone could be more specific as to what's happened / ing.

I had someone tell me to treat for internal infections. Which didn't make sense. But idk what this is, Or how to fix it.

For real though... It's been a few days. Does no body on this form have any answers??

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  4. meyowmeow

meyowmeowValued MemberMember

I am really sorry I don't have any answers I have been Googling for you but I still can't find anything.

5. OP
    OP
    Usagi

UsagiNew MemberMember

Thank you, I really do appreciate. I'm just scared for him. I just lost his female tank mate, To being egg bound. I don't want to lose him. I've Googled, YouTube, posted to every form/group I can find. And I have nothing. Thank you Meyowmeow

6. Goldfishgirlgirl

GoldfishgirlgirlWell Known MemberMember

How’s your Oranda ? Pls update

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice