Options For Underglass

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Kingofnon, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Kingofnon

KingofnonValued MemberMember

I do not have a open top, it is a fold in have glass flat top.

I am looking to upgrade my lights but because I have a glass top I need it to stick it underneath.

Now the Fluval Aquasky is 100% water proof and is able to sit across the top of a open tank, but can also with the fittings be able to stick to the underside of the glass.

However, this is the only one like this I can find. Anyone know any other automated lights that go under the glass rather than on top??

2. ChaosCorrupterValued MemberMember

Is it a clear glass top? Lights will work on a glass top

3. OP
    OP
    Kingofnon

Here is my top

20180418_203656.jpg

4. david1978

david1978Fishlore VIPMember

thats similar to my lid. I have 2 4 foot fluorescent lights on top of mine.

5. david1978

david1978Fishlore VIPMember

thats similar to my lid. I have 2 4 foot fluorescent lights on top of mine.

6. OP
    OP
    Kingofnon

So the finnex plantes + could just be laid on top of the glass?? Or can the side clips fit down the side?

7. Gadfly

GadflyValued MemberMember

I removed the black rubber joint on my lid for my 20 high. That way I just have two glass panels. I probably wouldn't go through the effort again because the glass doesn't seem to have a negative impact on my other unmolested glass top. If it became an issue, I'm now on the opinion side of removing the glass entirely.

All the clips Ive encountered are adjustable and meant to sit over the rim and don't interfere with the glass lid fitting into the trim molding

Didn't see anything that would allow you to mount the aquasky under the glass when I looked at their website. It's highly water resistant/water proof rated and designed to survive an accidental plunge, but not meant to be wet all the time unless I missed something.

8. DarkOne

DarkOneWell Known MemberMember

I have glass tops on all my tanks and a Fluval Fresh & Plant 2.0 on my 75g. Fluval came out with a 3.0 with BT and you can do some stuff with it.
    2018-04-18 22.53.33.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice