Options For More Fish..

tmcbee

Reaction score
I'm kinda wanting to add more fish to my 55 gallon tank and I'm wanting to know some fish that might live happily with my current fish. I have 6 cherry barbs, 3 fruit tetras, 3 swordtails, and a male betta and a pelco. All of my current fish live peacefully together and no one has yet to nip fins. The betta has only been in this tank for a little while and I will move him if need be, but I would rather not.

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You should up the number of tetras for sure to at least 6. I would just add more of your shoaling types rather than busy the tank up with other species.

The betta might be okay. Or you might wake up some day to a tank of shredded fish.

Hard to say with bettas. Always have a backup plan in place.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Would depend how brave you are and how many plan b's you are willing to have. Lol. You could try a betta community. Its risky but if successful its pretty cool to watch.

tmcbee

Reaction score
maggie thecat said:
You should up the number of tetras for sure to at least 6. I would just add more of your shoaling types rather than busy the tank up with other species.

The betta might be okay. Or you might wake up some day to a tank of shredded fish.

Hard to say with bettas. Always have a backup plan in place.
I was thinking about getting some more swordtails and tetras but I was also think about putting the betta in his own tank and getting something along the lines like blue rams since what I have read on them they are peaceful fish. I also was going to get more tetras because they prefer groups of 6, I was wondering if black skirt tetras would school well with the fruit/white skirt. Just some ideas.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom