Opinons about betta bonny?

thefishn00b
So i just got betta bonny from my lfs and it says it contains all the natrual minerals needed for bettas. Does anyone else have this product if so how well does it work?

Betta'sAnonymous
Never heard of it til now. Maybe it works. Sounds more like a cash grab to me. Vivid colors you will get with a decent diet. Promoting natural habitat water conditions is all well and good, but most bettas people buy are probably at least 100 generations or more from natural habitat. Thats more than enough time to evolve.

I don't think it should hurt your betta though.

thefishn00b
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Never heard of it til now. Maybe it works. Sounds more like a cash grab to me. Vivid colors you will get with a decent diet. Promoting natural habitat water conditions is all well and good, but most bettas people buy are probably at least 100 generations or more from natural habitat. Thats more than enough time to evolve.

I don't think it should hurt your betta though.
Yeah i feed her full life spectrum. And once in a blue moon blood worms. Hopefully i didnt waste 7$ on a product that doesnt work lol

Sean Smith
I feed freeze dried Nerite worms and use bug bites for my bettas . And accurals aquarium set to set up electrolytes and minerals in my water

ButtercuptheOranda
I agree with betta anonymous it sounds like almost like a “gimmick” what I personally use is almond leafs and almond leaf extract it works great for me

John58ford
I wish I could find the ingredients for it easier. I had no luck searching. Reading the instructions it sounds like a blend of minerals, likely things like calcium, magnesium, potassium, etc that would have one or more deficiency in the average aquariust's source of water. This could be specially true in places that would use primarily bottled distilled water vs. tap.

Can anyone find an sds for the product? I would be interested to read more about the "extracts" they choose, I can already name half a dozen minerals that are commonly filtered out at water treatment facilities, I'm curious if they made basically a low dosage substitute for neutral buffering due to the ridiculous small excuses people usually call betta tanks, then added something like Indian almond leaf extract to make it extra betta-licous.

Betta'sAnonymous
LeotheGoldfish said:
I agree with betta anonymous it sounds like almost like a “gimmick” what I personally use is almond leafs and almond leaf extract it works great for me
I kind of want to find this Betta Bonny and set up 2 tanks with 2 brand new bettas and try it on one of them for a couple years to compare. Too bad i'm trying to branch out to other fish instead of focusing so much on bettas!

thefishn00b
John58ford said:
I wish I could find the ingredients for it easier. I had no luck searching. Reading the instructions it sounds like a blend of minerals, likely things like calcium, magnesium, potassium, etc that would have one or more deficiency in the average aquariust's source of water. This could be specially true in places that would use primarily bottled distilled water vs. tap.

Can anyone find an sds for the product? I would be interested to read more about the "extracts" they choose, I can already name half a dozen minerals that are commonly filtered out at water treatment facilities, I'm curious if they made basically a low dosage substitute for neutral buffering due to the ridiculous small excuses people usually call betta tanks, then added something like Indian almond leaf extract to make it extra betta-licous.
They have a website just search up reefflowers then betta bonny

John58ford
thefishn00b said:
They have a website just search up reefflowers then betta bonny
Unless I'm just dense and not seeing it, there is not safety data sheet available that we could use to isolate the minerals or extracts they put into the bottle. All their fertilizers and foods do otherwise have a guaranteed analysis, but not the betta bonny. I'm sure it does have stuff in it, they list it as an eye irritant on the bottle so I know somewhere there has to be a safety data sheet (sds) listing at least the caustic, corrosive, or known irritants.

That would help us sort the mulm from the sand so to speak. I'm a benefit of the doubt kind of person so I would love to decode the data sheet to help understand what this may, or may not do for a tank. If a product is found wanting however, I'm usually the first to tell someone to stop eating the money and spend it on something else.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom