Opinions on Top Fin starter kit?

• Thread starter tropicalpleco
  • Start date

tropicalpleco

Hi, I am getting a 55-gallon tank. I already have a few tanks 75, 20, 10 but this time I am on a budget. I am planning on getting the Top Fin starter kit. Some people say that top fin is a ton of trash but others say it's great what do you think I should get. I am planning to put a female oscar in until she grows out of it.

Thanks!!

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
I have only read reviews, and worst comes to worse u get it and just replace waht needs to be replaced like the filter is probably really bad but I'm sure that the actual tank will be fine just make sure there r no leaks

DollyDolly

I have the 55 topfin. The quality isn’t the best but the filter is ok. The heater also could be better but for that cheap it’s pretty good. Also the hoods are really flimsy and can’t grow anything so I made mine a cichlid tank

Tol

Well Known
I had a TopFin 10 gallon kit a couple of years ago. The filter was garbage, the heater worked fine, the LED worked because the tank was small. If you plan on having it around for a long time, I would look at some other brands. The silicone started wearing out fairly quick as well.

Aqueon is decent for a more budget friendly setup, the one I had was much nicer than my TopFin. Marineland might be better too, I have not used one myself though. If I remember right, TopFin is made by Marineland as a cheaper/lower quality brand for PetSmart?

I currently use a Seapora (made by Aquarium Masters, who also used to make Deep Blue) and it is hands down better than my previous ones.

Top Bottom