opinions on tank choices please

tighidden

I am getting a new twenty gallon and want to turn it into a planted barb tank. Online I have found some conflicting info. It says in some places tiger barbs cannot be mixed with cherry barbs or harlequin rasbora and in others it says just the rasboras can't be mixed with the tiger barbs. But these are the fish I am trying to choose from tiger barbs, rosy barbs, cherry barbs, or harlequin rasbora however there will definatley be a bristlenose pleco in there. So if anyone can tell me good or bad experiences with mixing any of these or if they know which ones can be mixed that would be greatly appreciated.

susitna-flower

Of all of these the only ones I have had were rosy barbs, and they got along in a community tank. I can't say about the others, but feel sure any would be ok with the pleco you want.

Barbrella

I"ve kept Tiger barbs, and they are classified as semi-aggressive.

They need to be kept in schools of at least 6, so I would say a 20 gal would be a bit small if you want to put other fish in.

Rosy barbs, gold barbs and cherry barbs would go nicely with many kinds of fish, including rasboras and a bristlenose.

Always keep barbs in groups.

tighidden

yea I was sort of figuring that but I still love the harlequins and from what I hear the rosy and cherry barbs are great as well!!!

Barbrella

A school of harlequins, and a group of any of those barbs I named would make a very lively, peaceful and pretty community!

I've never had rosy barbs, but have always had gold and/or cherries, and just love them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kevymd
Replies
Views
Mombo
Replies
Views
Junne
Replies
Views