Opinions On Plumbing

HamSnacks

So finally got the plumbing all set up and dry fit, everything looked 100% and I was very happy. Once everything was glued, I guess things got a bit tighter and now there are some parts are touching and I was just wondering if you guys think I'll be safe leaving it as it or the water pressure may cause an issue.

1st picture, The return line is not 100% straight anymore, kinda hard to see but its a bit angled, would the water pressure cause any problems with that?
2nd and 3rd picture, the pipes are touching up against the stand and the stand and pipe.
4th, I cut off a section of the plumbing and sealed it with a cap, that cap should be able to handle any water flowing to it correct? And you can see where the pipe is touching the stand and affecting the return line.
5th, should I have the emergency drain flowing into the same chamber as the main or should I run it into the main media section of the sump?

You must be registered to see images

Thank you and sorry for the long post!

MrBryan723

Looks fair enough**. big question tho, what did you use as glue? I'm assuming silicone? If you sealed everything properly you should have no issues under 25 psi(you should be well under that lol)
** the first picture your pipe coming down to the elbow needs to be about 5mm or 1/4" longer. That's a problem waiting to happen for sure. Needs to be a mostly straight line.

HamSnacks

MrBryan723 I actually used PVC primer and cement. Little confused about the second part, are you referring to the pipe that is running along the height of the tank down to the elbow, the one between the coupling and elbow? If so, can I ask why it needs to be longer?
Thanks

MrBryan723

If you did it right purple primer and glue is ideal, this is the pipe I am referring to. It is making the elbow stressed and will lead to leaks. I guess the long one is too short and the short one is too long.

I'm not exactly sure what it's used for. If it's for drainage, it could leak, if it's a return back to the main tank it will leak.

HamSnacks

That was the section I was concerned with, that is the return back. In the 4th picture, you can see where it is touching the stand. I am thinking maybe adding a coupling to the longer piece and that might just be enough to straighten it all out and no longer touch the stand.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
coralbandit
  • runningslow
  • Sump
Replies
Views
david1978
  • Question
  • LadfromLondon
  • Sump