Opinions On My Aquascape?

1. a

arik wenzel Valued Member Member

991f61631c9af5875325320fa9bfe00d.jpg
    Was just wondering on what you guys think of the scape and possibly some ideas you guys would put in the left back corner

2. KaderTheAnt

KaderTheAnt Well Known Member Member

Love it.I'm a sucker for live plants in a tank. A nice jungle valv would do nicely in there

3. OP
    OP
    a

I've tried them but they melted on me and never grew back i love them so much though

4. KaderTheAnt

KaderTheAnt Well Known Member Member

I'm not great with them eitherthey still look great

5. OP
    OP
    a

Okay so it's not only me then lol

6. BHK3

BHK3 Well Known Member Member

Beautiful! I agree it could use something in the back left. Val would look good but if that won't grow, maybe a Sword plant?

Is that Wisteria you've got growing in middle in front of the driftwood? If so, that's going to grow really tall and bushy really quick. You could always move the middle of those three plants (if that's what it is) over to the left. The wisteria would fit in well with the bushy plant look you've got going on, and moving that one plant would bring some focus to the nice driftwood piece.

Or you could even just shift the piece of wood that's in the middle over to the left a bit to fill in that open space?

7. OP
    OP
    a

It's a type of Java fern called windelov Java fern but i like the idea of wood back there maybe a nice little piece with some Val going in between it

8. BHK3

I slightly edited my original comment as you were typing yours. If you reread it you'll see I added another idea or two. Sorry about that!

9. OP
    OP
    a

It's not showing that you updated it

10. BHK3

Weird! This is what I revised: "You could always move the middle of those three plants (if that's what it is) over to the left. The wisteria would fit in well with the bushy plant look you've got going on, and moving that one plant would bring some focus to the nice driftwood piece."

11. OP
    OP
    a

Ya it's a Java fern that doesn't grow tall i would prefer a taller plant for the corner

12. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

I think you should get something tall for that corner. You could even get some ludwigia hybrid red if you'd like a change from all the lush green. :)

13. OP
    OP
    a

Know of a good online seller places around me suck

14. susieq21

susieq21 New Member Member

Im new to fish keeping and planted tanks, but i think it is called Sagittaria? At least thats what I think i have in my tank. Its grown really tall, and its pretty flowy, I think it would look great in that back corner especially with the filter return happening there. :) Im uploading a pic of my tank, can someone confirm for me the name of the plant in my back left?

Attached Files:

15. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Yes, Han aquatics is where I got mine. Really satisfied with their plants :)

16. OP
    OP
    a

Im thinkimg sag or a type of crpty

17. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

Make sure the rhizome of the windelov is above the substrate or it will rot. I would move the wood to the left and leave some space on the right middle....