Opinions On My Aquascape Idea And Help With Centerpiece

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by Bruxes and Bubbles, Apr 10, 2017.

1. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

I drew up what I would like my aquascape to look like. Any tips and opinions would be great. I also need a centerpiece for that circled spot with question marks. Any ideas?

image-jpg.293972.jpg

Thanks!

Edit: Got a warning about the amazon sword getting too big. I will search for other options.

2. Lorekeeper

Lorekeeper Well Known Member Member

Amazon Swords do get large, but are extremely easy to prune. I have two in a 2.5 gallon. They need to be cut back, but they're doing great.

3. OP
    OP
    B

I just worry that it'll take up the whole thing and get too tall to prune back enough without it looking sad. I found the Echinodorus 'Oriental' sword - looks like it's a bit smaller and may work better.

4. KeeperOfASilentWorld

KeeperOfASilentWorld Well Known Member Member

Nice scape :) Can you also post a drawing of the plan so that we can be more helpful?

5. OP
    OP
    B

Stocking plan? TexasDomer is helping me with that right now. A nice school of micro-rasboras, a trio of endlers, and a bunch of cherry shrimp is what it will most likely be assuming aquabid still sells it all by the time I have everything set up.
    Or do you mean something else? My apologies if it's obvious.

6. KeeperOfASilentWorld

No not the stocking, the plan view of your aquascape.

7. OP
    OP
    B

Do you mean a view from above? If so I need to draw a view from above. Might take a while.

8. KeeperOfASilentWorld

Yes a view from above. It will also help you understand the composition in a better way and make improvements as desired.

9. OP
    OP
    B

Here is a very, very rough drawing of it from above. The driftwood tree at the top would be a bit more to the left, but it's pretty close.

Attached Files:

10. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

I would move the wendtii to the space with the question marks and put a stem in its corner.
    A smaller sword is perfect, but I feel like you might want some height somewhere, hence the stem in the corner :)

11. OP
    OP
    B

Okay, that sounds good! I'll find a smaller plant to put in its place. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice