Opinions On My Aquascape Idea And Help With Centerpiece

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by Bruxes and Bubbles, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

I drew up what I would like my aquascape to look like. Any tips and opinions would be great. I also need a centerpiece for that circled spot with question marks. Any ideas?

image-jpg.293972.jpg

Thanks!

Edit: Got a warning about the amazon sword getting too big. I will search for other options.

2. LorekeeperWell Known MemberMember

Amazon Swords do get large, but are extremely easy to prune. I have two in a 2.5 gallon. They need to be cut back, but they're doing great.

3. Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

I just worry that it'll take up the whole thing and get too tall to prune back enough without it looking sad. I found the Echinodorus 'Oriental' sword - looks like it's a bit smaller and may work better.

4. KeeperOfASilentWorldWell Known MemberMember

Nice scape :) Can you also post a drawing of the plan so that we can be more helpful?

5. Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

Stocking plan? TexasDomer is helping me with that right now. A nice school of micro-rasboras, a trio of endlers, and a bunch of cherry shrimp is what it will most likely be assuming aquabid still sells it all by the time I have everything set up.
    Or do you mean something else? My apologies if it's obvious.

6. KeeperOfASilentWorldWell Known MemberMember

No not the stocking, the plan view of your aquascape.

7. Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

Do you mean a view from above? If so I need to draw a view from above. Might take a while.

8. KeeperOfASilentWorldWell Known MemberMember

Yes a view from above. It will also help you understand the composition in a better way and make improvements as desired.

9. Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

Here is a very, very rough drawing of it from above. The driftwood tree at the top would be a bit more to the left, but it's pretty close.

Attached Files:

10. Jocelyn AdelmanFishlore VIPMember

I would move the wendtii to the space with the question marks and put a stem in its corner.
    A smaller sword is perfect, but I feel like you might want some height somewhere, hence the stem in the corner :)

11. Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

Okay, that sounds good! I'll find a smaller plant to put in its place. Thanks!