Opinions On My Aquascape Idea And Help With Centerpiece

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I drew up what I would like my aquascape to look like. Any tips and opinions would be great. I also need a centerpiece for that circled spot with question marks. Any ideas?

image-jpg.293972.jpg

Thanks!

Edit: Got a warning about the amazon sword getting too big. I will search for other options.

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Amazon Swords do get large, but are extremely easy to prune. I have two in a 2.5 gallon. They need to be cut back, but they're doing great.

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Lorekeeper said:
Amazon Swords do get large, but are extremely easy to prune. I have two in a 2.5 gallon. They need to be cut back, but they're doing great.
I just worry that it'll take up the whole thing and get too tall to prune back enough without it looking sad. I found the Echinodorus 'Oriental' sword - looks like it's a bit smaller and may work better.

KeeperOfASilentWorld

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Bruxes and Bubbles said:
I drew up what I would like my aquascape to look like. Any tips and opinions would be great. I also need a centerpiece for that circled spot with question marks. Any ideas?

image-jpg.293972.jpg

Thanks!

Edit: Got a warning about the amazon sword getting too big. I will search for other options.

Nice scape Can you also post a drawing of the plan so that we can be more helpful?

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
KeeperOfASilentWorld said:
Nice scape Can you also post a drawing of the plan so that we can be more helpful?
Stocking plan? TexasDomer is helping me with that right now. A nice school of micro-rasboras, a trio of endlers, and a bunch of cherry shrimp is what it will most likely be assuming aquabid still sells it all by the time I have everything set up.
Or do you mean something else? My apologies if it's obvious.

KeeperOfASilentWorld

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Bruxes and Bubbles said:
Stocking plan? TexasDomer is helping me with that right now. A nice school of micro-rasboras, a trio of endlers, and a bunch of cherry shrimp is what it will most likely be assuming aquabid still sells it all by the time I have everything set up.
Or do you mean something else? My apologies if it's obvious.
No not the stocking, the plan view of your aquascape.

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
No not the stocking, the plan view of your aquascape.
Do you mean a view from above? If so I need to draw a view from above. Might take a while.

KeeperOfASilentWorld

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yes a view from above. It will also help you understand the composition in a better way and make improvements as desired.

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes a view from above. It will also help you understand the composition in a better way and make improvements as desired.
Here is a very, very rough drawing of it from above. The driftwood tree at the top would be a bit more to the left, but it's pretty close.

Attachments

Jocelyn Adelman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would move the wendtii to the space with the question marks and put a stem in its corner.
A smaller sword is perfect, but I feel like you might want some height somewhere, hence the stem in the corner

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Jocelyn Adelman said:
I would move the wendtii to the space with the question marks and put a stem in its corner.
A smaller sword is perfect, but I feel like you might want some height somewhere, hence the stem in the corner
Okay, that sounds good! I'll find a smaller plant to put in its place. Thanks!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads