Opinions On Angelfish With Betta?

Lysaell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
One angelfish with either a male betta/community or sorority, alright idea or horrible? I’m just curious, as my 36 gallon that would be heavily planted is currently sitting empty and dry in my basement.

I’ve done both of these betta combos successfully, just never owned an Angel. (Betta sorority had to be taken down when an unexpected move came up, I’m aware of all the risks that come with them.)

Joshuaharestad

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
One angelfish with either a male betta/community or sorority, alright idea or horrible? I’m just curious, as my 36 gallon that would be heavily planted is currently sitting empty and dry in my basement.

I’ve done both of these betta combos successfully, just never owned an Angel. (Betta sorority had to be taken down when an unexpected move came up, I’m aware of all the risks that come with them.)
My concern would just be fin nipping and the size of the angel. I have one angel too big for a 36. But she may be exception more than rule. I would be curious to know if it works too.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
All i could suggest is be sure to have a back up plan if it doesn't work out. The betta would be easier to relocate or rehome than the Angel.

Lysaell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
All i could suggest is be sure to have a back up plan if it doesn't work out. The betta would be easier to relocate or rehome than the Angel.
I don’t have too many tanks, so I would probably talk about it with my local LFS beforehand incase it crashed.

My concern would just be fin nipping and the size of the angel. I have one angel too big for a 36. But she may be exception more than rule. I would be curious to know if it works too.
Hm yeah that’s fair. A pack of determined bettas could potentially terrorize a angel haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom