Opinions on 5.5 gallon tank build?

Honem

Hi, I am planning on setting up a new 5.5-gallon tank for a new female betta and maybe some cherry shrimp.

You must be registered to see images

That picture is my current 1.5 gallon (nothing lives in it) with my driftwood, two huge Amazon Swords, and something that looks like pennywort that I'm trying to grow out. I will be changing the substrate to the brown Fluval soil pellet things so it has a more natural look. My vision is to have the two Swords to the left of the 5.5-gallon (one to the back and one coming from the back corner) and have my driftwood to the right with the pennywort surrounding it by growing up the sides and trimmed down towards the cave opening. I would also have a few Dwarf Saggitaria in the very center along with some marimo moss balls.
I also wanted one of my house plant vines to be growing out of it, but I think the roots would make it look too crowded.

I'd be using a sponge filter with a bubbler in between/behind the Swords on the left. Does this sound good for a betta? Would 5-10 cherry shrimp be pushing it? Any opinions would help!

BigManAquatics

Sounds like a betta would love it! 5-10 shrimp would only be pushing it depending if the betta lets them stay or not.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JustinCG
Replies
Views
sairving
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views