Opinions: Good dither fish for GBR

otterblue

Hi. I have 2 GBRs in a 55 gallon high. I was looking for a good dither fish for 82 degrees and I don't have a lot of horizontal swimming space for a school. I was thinking ember tetras but I don't want 10 because I'm trying to keep my tank understocked. My 55 gal feels more like a 20 gallon due to the modest tanklength.

StarGirl

It is still 55g of water. 10 Embers would be nothing. They are not as active as some tetras. Cardinal tetras like warmer water also. Thats what I had with GBR when I had them.

MacZ

Nannostomus unifasciatus or N. beckfordi would also be an option. Also fry-safe.

And just as with the tetras 10 would also be nothing in that tanksize.

With two groups of 10 each and a pair of dwarf cichlids your stocking density would still be very low.

A comfortable stocking would be 15-20 each plus cichlids. 10 is a species appropriate number. As all tetras and pencils tend to be aggressive in their own species so giving them some room to disperse is helping aswell.

A201

Look at a Big Tetra species such as, Columbian, Diamond or Bleeding heart. Plenty of size, movement & color.

otterblue

Thank you everyone! That was great advice! :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kedgie
Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
coralbandit
  • Question
Replies