Opinion on my 10Gallon Tank 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by jayfar88, Mar 25, 2010.

1. jayfar88New MemberMember

Hi, ive had my betta setup for around 3 months now and just thought it'd be good to hear people opinions on it.

Its a 10 gallon, UG Filter, heater tank.

I have a Dragon Halfmoon betta and 2 small 3cm bristlenose catfish in it.

Just wanted to know whether i had room for anything else?
    I have live plants and hiding places, and very rarely see the catfishes so tank always seems really empty.

Opinions and suggestions appreciated

Thanks!

2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Hello Jayfar,

Your tank sounds very interesting. How is the UG filter working for you? It isn't a favorite among most members. Too, with your tank being planted, I'm not sure how well the UG filter is going to work once roots start developing. I'm afraid the Bristlenose catfish are going to out grow the tank before too long. Most Plecos or Bristlenose Catfish are large waste producers so be sure to keep up with your water changes and chemistry readings.

In my opinion, you are stocked and have no room for other fish. Too, keep an eye on the Betta as they don't normally get along with other tank mates:
    Betta Fish Care Guide

Too, if you would be so kind as to complete your Aquarium Profile information it will be a great help to others and aid in their responses. To access the profile, click on My Settings in the blue bar close to the top of the screen. Then in the drop down box click on Edit Aquarium Information.

I hope you're enjoying the site!

If you can share some photos we'd love to see them! I'm sure you'll get more responses.
    Best wishes.
    Ken

3. lyndra

lyndraValued MemberMember

my opinion : rehome the catfish, as Ken pointed out they will get too big and make a lot of muck... it could be that your aggresive Betta is the reason you never see them.

Once you've done this you could put in a divider and get another betta! Bettas don't like company but depending on their personality may be able to cope with another one behind a divider.

Have a look here for ideas on dividing , you should be able to get a 2nd betta into 10 gal.

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/betta-fish/46452-dividing-tank-bettas-fun-low-cost.html

4. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

There's always room for another betta in a 10g! (I'll have three in mine tomorrow!)

I'd love to see pics too, I like seeing how people have aquascaped (I'm terrible at it, so I like to get nice ideas!)

5. peacemaker92

peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

Your tank sounds nice. Hope to see some pics of it :D IMO, I wouldn't keep the UG filter as what Ken said. Get a nice internal or liquid filter :)

Update us with photos :;hf

6. bassbonediva

bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

Two bristlenose plecos in a ten gallon is two too many. They get to be about 5-6". They aren't nearly as bad of waste producers as common plecos, but they definitely need AT LEAST a 20gal tank for one, preferably bigger. They also need driftwood as that is a staple of their diet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice