Operation Catfish is Goooo!

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by hooxeii, Apr 6, 2010.

1. hooxeii

hooxeii Well Known Member Member

Awhile ago I posted that I purchased a "brother" for my lone Cory Cat, Panda. I also said that he would only be joining Panda (and Lily) after a 3 week quarantine period.

I'm glad to say that he passed his quarantine with flying colors, and was introduced into his new, larger home yesterday. He and Panda hit it off right away, and are currently sleeping in their log together. There was a bit of catfish scuffling at first, but nothing too violent.

Lily has been an absolute angel so far. She did flare at the new cat, Pepper, every time she saw him. Pepper completely ignored her. Lily seemed baffled as to why he was immune to her greatness, but did not chase or even nip once. I'm so proud of my girl!

Of course it's only been a day, so things could still go bad. The entire tank is being watched for signs of trouble--any kind, including illness, nips, fighting, etc.

Hopefully things keep going well :) As for the water parameters keeping constant, I'm prepared. I do water changes every other day in that tank (~25% at a time), so I think the tank's biolfiltration can handle it :)

2. deus ex machina

deus ex machina Valued Member Member

Sounds awesome, I wish the new guy luck xD

3. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

good girl, Lily!

4. OP
    OP
    hooxeii

hooxeii Well Known Member Member

Happy to report that it is now day 3, and there's a total Panda/Pepper bromance going on. They like to hang out together and pose together. I wish my camera was better, I'd get a picture of the bros. They're not exactly "schooling" per say, but they are hanging out with each other and sleeping in the same log. They will kinda go off and do their own things, but they do like to be together sometimes too.

Panda was very timid before Pepper came along, and he is definitely still the more timid of the two cories, but he is coming out a lot more now!

Lily has been awesome. She is tolerating them being out more than she ever tolerated Panda by himself. She even saw them together and didn't flare at them! Maybe she's a little intimidated by the fact that there's two now? She doesn't seem too stressed or anything, so I'm thinking she's just ok with them now. Makes sense; she probably wanted to make sure they remembered she's boss of the tank.

Now if only the algae bloom would stop. *breaks out the scraper*

5. G

GoGreen Well Known Member Member

Glad to hear that things are going well so far with Panda and Pepper! I bet they are so cute together, good for Lily to be accepting of the new resident.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice