Opaline Gourami???? 29 Gallon Tank

1. anunez91 Member Member

I was at petco today (this particular one had HEALTHY fish, it was shocking. except one of the cichlid tanks had a dead one, that was it, crazy.....) and i saw an Opaline gourami. I was instantly impressed. My question is, with my stocking altered, how is this for stocking: 1 angel, 1 opaline gourami, 1 ram SIX xray (or similarly larger) tetras, six cories? The tag and the net said they get to about four inches. I figured if i ousted 1 ram and two tetras, and since the angel, gourami, and the ram dont need to be in groups, this should work with a little extra upkeep. Anyone have any experience with these gourami? And is this good as far a load? my tank is eating up like 8ppm of ammonia by the end of the day so im assuming the biological filtration is going pretty awesome. (im not adding fish any time soon, so, i already know my cycle isnt complete yet)
  2. Neji Member Member

I've raised opaline gouramis before. They are aggressive. Since it kept on trying to kill my black skirt tetra. It took me a few months before the tetra regrew it's tail fins back. It was hard :(

You have to be careful. Opaline gouramis are aggressive. Lavender, Dwarf, Moonlight etc those types of gouramis aren't as agressive as opalines and yellows and possibly blues I suppose.

3. Walan20 Member Member

I had a female before. They're not as aggresive, but one day it decided to swallow my Neon Tetra, and it died. It was a sad day.