Ammonia: 0
    Nitirite: 0
    Nitrate: between 10-20 ppm
    PH 8
    Temperature 76 degrees
    Water changes 1x week 30%
    Pretty Hard water.
    Live plants - dwarf sagg and jave fern
    I do have some fake plants also that are a bit scratchy?
    2 pieces of drift wood
    1 piece does have some sharpness on the bottom side (possible culprit?)

Food:
    I switch between Flakes, NLS Algaemax, Shrimp pellets, brine shrimp, blood worms, and NLS Community. Fast them 1 day a week.

Other Fish:
    1 Serpae tetra came with tank havent noticed ANY aggression at all until AFTER i noticed the scales missing on the Gouarmi - now the tetra will very seldom chase the Gouarmi. not very much though. No agression towards the mollies. He actually seems pretty Timid.
    4 Mollies - 1 male 3 female (2 of the females came with the tank)
    6 cory cats
    and about 15 Malaysian Trumpet Snails

Not much of a story on this. woke up Saturday morning and noticed the gouarmi didn't come out and greet RIGHT AWAY like usual. he came out a few minutes later and looked like what is pictured. I immediately went to my LFS and he said it looks like a physical injury and said treat with melafix. He also said he doubts that tetra could of done that damage. I have treated the last couple days. Did a 30% water change and good gravel vac (was due for one anyway) gouarmi is acting normal. Maybe just a little bit more shy.

I havent noticed a change since maybe a little more pinkish on the spots? hardly noticeable. he is still eating fine and will greet me etc. he is maybe a little less shy then he was the first day I noticed it. but im planning to take pictures tonight to compare.

Just want to be sure this isnt some fungal or bacterial thing going on. None of the other fish are acting any different. Besides the normally shy and skittish tetra seems to be a bit more bold and outgoing now?

I do have a 10 gallons that has 7 neons init that I could swap the neons with gouarmi and treat him.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

Attached Files:

2. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Hole in the Head Disease in my opinion.
    I can't hardly believe this happened overnight.

3. TontoKowalksi Initiate Member

100% happened overnight, I watch my fish daily for quite some time and take notes on any behavioral or physical changes (yeah, I'm a nerd :p). Just to note as well, there has been no bumps or red marks or anything like that. Nor did he act strange at all before this incident.

I test water 3x a week (probably a little overzealous, I know) and have never had anything but perfect readings since adding fish as well.

4. TontoKowalksi Initiate Member

Sorry for double-post but here is a little high quality photos as when I first posted i wasn't sure on the size limits of pictures.

Thanks again.

Attached Files:

5. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

pretty weird.

6. TontoKowalksi Initiate Member

if it helps, he is the newest addition and has only been in the tank for 3 weeks.

7. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Been thinking. If it happened overnight it almost must be bacterial instead off HITH.