Opaline Gourami Has Flipped The Switch.

Discussion in 'Gouramis' started by KO_, Aug 5, 2017.

1. KO_

KO_ Valued Member Member

So, Opie, my female Opaline Gourami was the centerpiece if my 55g Community. She was very peaceful and only showed aggression when going after a wafer or sinking pellets. After a water change the other day she flipped the switch.
    She wants the whole tank now. She is chasing every fish in the tank, Cories, Swordtails, Tetras and the Ram. She is not defending a single space she is pursuing fish through the whole tank.

I gave her a couple days to settle in and she hasn't so I had to move her. She is now in the 20g long. aad5cf2dfeae6ba0a5bc9f0f6afce21a.jpg

I am fine with her staying in here, my question is, will she be okay with no tankmates? She seemed like she didn't want any in the bigger tank. Maybe in a couple days I can try to put her back?

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Maybe she will stop chasing the tankmates gradually, but I am not sure.
    I had opaline gouramis, and they were both males. I originally did not purchase the fish, and ended up returning them.

3. OP
    OP
    KO_

KO_ Valued Member Member

Is there any chance I could put her back in the 55g? Or would it be a lost cause? I wonder if the water going into the tank was a little warmer and triggered spawning behavior? I really would like her back in the 55g.

4. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Maybe she'll calm down, you never know.
    What kind of tetras?

5. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

Sometimes if you rearrange all of your ornaments, plants, etc. it can help since it will appear to your fish that it's in a new environment.

6. OP
    OP
    KO_

KO_ Valued Member Member

Glow Light Tetras.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice