Oops? Funny

1. Fancyfins

Fancyfins Valued Member Member

I told myself I wouldn’t, and I did. I present to you, IMG_0608.JPG IMG_0609.JPG
    I was getting supplies, (and the shrimp) for my tank, and I saw her, and I just couldn’t resist!!! She’s so adorable, and she looks like she will color up very nicely. I tried telling myself no after what happened to my previous bettas, but I just had to. She’s also a girl, (if you couldn’t tell) and I told myself that if she has short fins she probably won’t get fin rot as easily. (Probably.) And I also got shrimp, and Java ferns for my tank. But, I don’t know what to name her. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Also, I’m currently in the process of acclimating her and the shrimp right now.

2. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

Wow! I can see why you bought her! I no longer go to any stores that sell bettas alone. She looks like a Winter. Or a Snowbird. Here's some other ideas:

Cherry
    Rio
    Iris
    Juliette
    Kiwi
    Lily
    Silve
    Ariel
    Kate

3. Goldfishfreak

Goldfishfreak Valued Member Member

OH MY GOSH!!! SHE'S SO CUTE!!

Sorry so freaking out but the second pic is just so adorable!!

Good luck with her!

4. OP
    OP
    Fancyfins

Aw thanks! I do like the name Iris, I think she will be a nice black color so it would fit.. and I think she’s trying to go vegetarian on me, she keeps on trying to eat my java ferns..

5. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

I hate to say it, but it looks like she already has finrot... the black edges on the torn/ragged parts look a whole lot like finrot.
    She's so adorable though!

6. OP
    OP
    Fancyfins

The edges of her fins aren’t black, they are edged with an orange color and have an orange tint to them.

Up close, the edges of her fins aren’t that ragged also. They are kind of smooth when you look at them closely

7. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

me every time i got to the lfs... BUT ITS SO CUTE

8. Goldfishfreak

Goldfishfreak Valued Member Member

I agree with @Rtessy that they look off so keep an eye on them it could just be a strange colour

9. OP
    OP
    Fancyfins

I will! Maybe there is also the possibility that she HAD a minor case of fin rot and it just didn’t heal yet?

10. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

Since the edges are still discolored, I don't think so. I'd say she still has it :(
    If she had it prior, the signs would more likely be strangely curled fins.

11. OP
    OP
    Fancyfins

Also, now that I look closely, I realized that only in the little gap in her fin is there discoloring. And on the bottom fin. The rest of her fins are fine, maybe it’s just her coloring? I have a feeling she might be a koi, maybe she will get some orange spots on her fins?

12. OP
    OP
    Fancyfins

Also, now that I look closely, I realized that only in the little gap in her fin is there discoloring. And on the bottom fin. The rest of her fins are fine, maybe it’s just her coloring? I have a feeling she might be a koi, maybe she will get some orange spots on her fins?

13. OP
    OP
    Fancyfins

Oops, don’t know why that posted twice..