Oops Important

Discussion in 'Air Pumps' started by cichlidmac, Dec 21, 2012.

1. cichlidmac

cichlidmac Well Known Member Member

Ok so my 1 year old son just knocked my diy co2 jug over and the sugar/yeast concoction started blowing out of the bubble wand into the tank. I caught it quick and did a big water change.

Any thoughts on were this ranks on the catastrophe scale?

2. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

It's not a huge deal. A big water change should remedy it fine assuming a ton of it didn't get in there.

3. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Well Known Member Member

Just watch out for bacterial bloom. :eek:

4. OP
    OP
    cichlidmac

Ok, guess I'll keep him around then :)

5. OP
    OP
    cichlidmac

Nitrites are blowing up. I've lost 2 oto's and 2 amano shrimps. Just did a water change and triple dose of prime. Apisto's not looking good :( this sucks so bad

6. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

That's terrible. How long has this tank been running? Is it just nitrite and not ammonia? A small amount of salt will help alleviate nitrite toxicity.

7. OP
    OP
    cichlidmac

Tanks been up about a year and half. I did another water change nitrites are around .02 Im out of ammonia test solution. Nitrites were in the danger zone. We will see what happens in the next few hours.

8. nippybetta

nippybetta Well Known Member Member

Good luck! I really hope you don't lose anymore fish- especially your apistos.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice