Oops Did It Again!

Guanchy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Went in to get some shrimps and ... came out with a new betta! I couldnt resist getting this guy.

this will be my 4th betta and my 4th betta tank... needless to say my wife went crazy! lol

IMG_0042.jpeg
IMG_0043.jpeg

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
....I played with your heart, got lost in the game, oooh baby baby.

hehehe that song started playing in my head when I saw your thread title.

OP
Guanchy

Guanchy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ohio Mark said:
You betta get her a gift! (Sorry, could not resist!)
hahah I have to I have to

bizaliz3 said:
....I played with your heart, got lost in the game, oooh baby baby.

hehehe
ohhh nooo, no that song! hahahaha my poor ears....

Goodbye

Reaction score
Tell your wife that you bought the betta as a gift for her and that you're happy to take care of it so that she doesn't have to do any of the work. It's a gift that keeps on giving...

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yeah...last betta I was going to buy(a pretty lavender veil tail)my wife went NUTS so I had to let her pick out a baby betta instead. I already gave her the 2 20gs to do with as she pleases.....and 6 bettas in the house is NOT too much!!!

OP
Guanchy

Guanchy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
here is a better picture! I can't wait to set up his tank.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I have never had a betta with such fins, especially his analfin! he swimmings almost like his tail is too heavy, is this normal?

Goodbye

Reaction score
Guanchy said:
I have never had a betta with such fins, especially his analfin! he swimmings almost like his tail is too heavy, is this normal?
He is a beautiful specimen but remember, those fins are man made. Extra flowing fins may be beautiful to us but can be a real burden to the fish.
Most likely your new baby has been in a very tiny container since birth. He's probably never had the opportunity to swim around much and exercise. Now that you have him in a larger tank he's going to be able to exercise and strengthen the muscles necessary to support his extra fins.

OP
Guanchy

Guanchy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Bill Scott said:
He is a beautiful specimen but remember, those fins are man made. Extra flowing fins may be beautiful to us but can be a real burden to the fish.
Most likely your new baby has been in a very tiny container since birth. He's probably never had the opportunity to swim around much and exercise. Now that you have him in a larger tank he's going to be able to exercise and strengthen the muscles necessary to support his extra fins.
yeah I figured its not natural! thanks, I really hope he is able to swim better. It'll suck to watch him struggling all the time to swim around

Lacey D

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Guanchy said:
yeah I figured its not natural! thanks, I really hope he is able to swim better. It'll suck to watch him struggling all the time to swim around
He looks like he's still young. Hopefully he'll grow into them more, but giving him places to rest close to the surface will help, I'm sure.
Gorgeous boy though!

And this is why I kind of like community fish. Hubby really has no clue when I sneak a couple more kuhlI loaches or endler in >_>

OP
Guanchy

Guanchy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lacey D said:
He looks like he's still young. Hopefully he'll grow into them more, but giving him places to rest close to the surface will help, I'm sure.
Gorgeous boy though!

And this is why I kind of like community fish. Hubby really has no clue when I sneak a couple more kuhlI loaches or endler in >_>
hahaha I'm actually thinking how to sneak in a bag of 10 more RCS I got today.

LeahsTank

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Lacey D said:
Gorgeous boy though!

Same.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I can't get any more bettas, my mom has personally made that clear to me, but oh I am going to aquashella, who knows what I will come back with?

Starburst03

Reaction score
What a gorgeous boy! ️Congratulations on your find!! Do you have a name yet?

Magicpenny75

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He's beautiful. And you're lucky - my husband saw me come home from my sister's house with two betta TANKS (no fish) and I was in big trouble. And we only have three. And I didn't even fill the tank with a new fish I used it for one I already had. I was told in no uncertain terms that the other one could only be set up at work...so there it sits...

OP
Guanchy

Guanchy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Magicpenny75 said:
He's beautiful. And you're lucky - my husband saw me come home from my sister's house with two betta TANKS (no fish) and I was in big trouble. And we only have three. And I didn't even fill the tank with a new fish I used it for one I already had. I was told in no uncertain terms that the other one could only be set up at work...so there it sits...
Hahah I wish I could set up a tank at work

New Threads