Oops. Bought A Puffer.

CHJ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
nibbles232.jpg

Well it turns out there is an issue with how smart these fish are. I tried to play Tug of War with Nibbles a few weeks ago using a shrimp. It seemed like a fun idea.
Now Nibbles is MUCH more interested in my fingers that are holding the shrimp than the shrimp itself. Last week when I was using very long tweezers to grab half a shrimp he lost in the wisteria he was really interested in the fingers. The fish needs to learn that if you plan to eat someone's fingers you can't let them know about your plan.

I would have gotten a pic that shows his growth but he is sulking after getting more snails instead of a shrimp.

CHJ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well today nibbles got introduced to sea snails and cockles.
I figured sea snails was a good intro to periwinkles, though with the thickness on the cockle shell those may already be there.
I popped off the top of the cockle so not too much chomping there.
So far growth is on track for the May acrylic build. After measuring I will have to step down from 1300 gal to ~550. I feel bad about this. I'm hoping dual (or triple.. though I am considering a 75 gal sump) FX6s and a poop rake will make sure that is still a nice tank for Nibbles.

Nibbles is getting a nice thick back though it looks like he burned himself on the heater. I totally coated the cord with stainless weave but didn't shield the Aqueon pro as it felt like plastic.
Bad me.

If it is not a burn and he has whatever is killing the angels I shall be angry. Angels are "no response" to fungicide and CG for what looks like cotton.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom