Online Vs Lfs?

RainBetta
HI guys! I want to get Cardinals, but my LFS doesn't sell them, EVER, so would it be okay to buys then online? The only other fish in the tank would be a BN pleco, so could I quarantine them in the main tank?

Thanks!

JamieXPXP
yeah its ok to buy them online as long as the source is trustworthy. I buy my inverts online as well as my plants as those are harder for me to find then the fish I am interested in XD

RainBetta
It is okay if I just put them directly into the main tank?

goldface
I see no problem with shipping fish to one’s doorstep; however, just be sure the business you’re dealing with is reputable. In the past I’ve read people complain about the stress of shipping fish which makes no logical sense, since fish at LFSs are shipped as well.

I don’t see a problem with adding them in the main tank, if they are going to be the only fish and the Bristlenose is going to be new too.

RainBetta
Okay thanks! One more question? Any experience with good websites? I've heard good things about Trin's Fish

goldface
Okay thanks! One more question? Any experience with good websites? I've heard good things about Trin's Fish
The Wet Spot.

RainBetta
Thanks! I'll definitely check it out!

My friend ordered from liveaquaria and loved the quality. I'll have to see them both!

Thanks so much

max h
Something to look at is the shipping costs of buying online. I know my LFS will order fish for you that they normally don't stock if their supplier has them available. I did an order online and only wanted a school of one type of loach I couldn't get locally since the vendor had none available. The school was about $70 and then there was the shipping charge. The place offered free shipping on orders over $159 so I went for free shipping and bought stock for the 2 big tanks and plants. Plus as a first time customer I got another 10% off. If your in a small town It maybe just as easy to drive to a bigger town to get your fish then to order them online. It's a matter of figuring out shipping costs compared to the cost of fuel.

RainBetta
You make a very good point! There's another fish store about 40 minutes from my house and I will definitely go there to see if they have the Cardinals!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
Replies
Views
Redshark1
Top Bottom