Online Store Trial?

Should I try it?

1. YES

15 vote(s)
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
  1. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I'm highly considering going and creating a free limited website store just to try it out and see how it goes. Pre-Order would be one of the main options at this time, with a few others. Any thoughts on this?
  2. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

What goods and services will you be offering?

3. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I'd plan to start off with a very small freshwater fish/invertebrate/plant selection. The fish/inverts would be bred by me and the plants would be cuts from mine.
  4. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

It doesn't hurt to try it. You have to start somewhere and build from there. If you don't do it you'll probably regret it later in life.

The only problem with free is that your on the hook for shipping costs.

5. JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

The question is will you be shipping to Canada?? lol

No one wants to ship to us Canadians but why arnt we supposed to be super friendly...Giving arms to strangers anyways that's according to Family Guy.
  6. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

By free I meant creating a website for free that has it's limits and upgrading if it does fair. My plan is that by breeding/growing the majority of the stock myself, the prices would easily be competitive.
  7. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

My hope is that in the end shipping would be semi-international if it takes off. Of course, I've always wanted to visit Canada though!

8. Stephen Hiatt Well Known Member Member

What fish and plants would you sell specifically?
  9. 2211Nighthawk Fishlore VIP Member

Another Canadian over here agreeing!! Shipping fees are crazy!
  10. Cheesearmada Member Member

Well I know one place I won't be living in the near future.

11. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I was looking at flight prices and I can fly to Canada for around $200.
  12. JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

I say go for it , why not . Life is about trying new things.
  13. Stephen Hiatt Well Known Member Member

If the site is free you have nothing to lose.
  14. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I'll have a talk with my husband considering shipping, but I believe it's a go! I'll start another thread for a store name!
  15. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

Katie's Aquatics!
  16. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I guess I'll get name suggestions here then start a poll for the favorite!
  17. JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

Water World
    Aquatic Wonders

That's all I could think of you can basically add your name infront of almost all of them if you wish.
  18. Natalya Well Known Member Member

What are you gonna sell? In my opinion, small store will succeed if it offers rare specimens, that are not easily available. For people needing common fish, but not having any local stores, I believe large store with a lot of species of relatively common fish would be preferrable
  19. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I love it. I'll start a pole for the name and add suggestions as they come.
  20. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I'm going to see if it works out before getting into anything large. It would be an online store with a local pickup option as well. There's only 2 per stores within 30 minutes of my location. One typically tends to have sickly fish, a fairly small selection, and is always crowded. The other had an incredibly small selection that is extremely overpriced. Neither store sells plants.