Online Peacock Gudgeon Sourcing?

1. toeknee Member Member

Sorry not sure where to post this. A while ago I ordered 3 peacock gudgeons through wetspottropicalfish.com which I think is a great site but I requested one male and two females but wound up with two males and one female. Which was fine until they all matured and the males fought pretty badly during mating season. One male has been relocated from the 20 long to a 10 gallon. However in the 20 long now the one male constantly harasses the one female (never nipping) just chasing all the time trying to court. So now I want to get one more female for the 20 long and two more females for the 10 gallon...It's probably a long shot but does anyone know an online source that can guarantee a certain sex when it comes to gudgeons? The only LFS near me is a petco...anything else is hours away so local is not an option.

2. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I love LiveAquaria, ThatPetPlace, and Bobs Tropical Fish. No one can truly guarantee the sex, but they get it fairly close. You may have to call or message them.

3. Sarcasm Included Well Known Member Member

@RobM breeds them, so you might want to ask him about getting a female. I can vouch for him and you can read about his reviews on aquabid.

4. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

I would have to say liveaqauria I usually look at the fish on their website when I'm bored. I'm planning to get my peacock Gudgeons there or maybe that pet place because they are cheaper
    LiveAquaria's price is $15.99
    ThatPetPlace's price is $8.99

5. RobM Initiate Member

Thanks SI!

I have plenty available now and can make sure you get a female. $5 plus Priority shipping ($13.20)

6. toeknee Member Member

Awesome thanks so much everyone. @RobM I will be in touch within the next couple weeks when I have more free time!