Online Fish Stores In Uk

Niki Rose

Looking for recommendations on online stores in the uk.
Done some searching and found-AllPondSolutions, aquaticstoyourdoor, tropicalfishbypost, masterfisch, discountfish,
sweetknowleaquatics

Are any of these good?

Mary765

I'm in the UK but I don't shop online I'm afraid.

May I reccomend maidenhead aquatics! There are a tonne near me and I love the place personally, but I don't know if they will send fish to you! Nevertheless, they have a website so see what you think!

Niki Rose

I'm in the UK but I don't shop online I'm afraid.

May I reccomend maidenhead aquatics! There are a tonne near me and I love the place personally, but I don't know if they will send fish to you! Nevertheless, they have a website so see what you think!
Theres one about a 15min drive away from me never been there but wanted to try something new, was gonna go over sometime next week and in case they didn't have the fish i'm looking for I wanted to see about online shops too.

Mary765

Theres one about a 15min drive away from me never been there but wanted to try something new, was gonna go over sometime next week and in case they didn't have the fish i'm looking for I wanted to see about online shops too.

Fair enough! I personally find shipping and sending to be risky but I've so heard a lot of those sites you mentioned have a good reputation so I guess it's up to you!

I've always found everything I need in maidenhead but I'm still relatively new to the hobby so I never look for any super advanced aquarium equipment or species. Maidenhead is like the supermarket of all things aquarium, but online fish shopping is obviously like online shopping; easier and with a wider selection but you can never be sure what you will get!

^ I hope that analogy helps

Redshark1

Visit to view livestock. Ring first if you are after something specific. Otherwise visiting a shop means you can choose the fish rather than the seller who ships choosing them.

I view livestock before purchase but I do shop online for dry goods. Most are very good as they are in fierce competition and need our business.

I was once sent an unwrapped and non-working uv filter from allpondsolutions but they are still good for cheap basic equipment that works if you like that sort of thing as I do.

Otherwise online shopping for dry goods is great. I love researching products and finding the best price.

Mary765

Oh yeah, I buy all my tanks, heaters, filters and half my plants online because they are much cheaper and still good quality (and most have return policies if you have a fault or damage!)

GoldenWonderRyan

tbh eBay is pretty good value, if you want fish there are quite a few sellers that are into wild types and rarer fish plus on eBay you generally get the dead on arrival security

Redshark1

But many would feel they don't want to risk fish dead on arrival whether secure or not.

GoldenWonderRyan

Well generally in the uk as long as its not super cold the risks are quite small everything is packaged well with heat packs and insulated boxes the only problem I have had is that the delivery people mishandled the box and so caused damage to the fish however when I informed the seller on eBay they sent out a replacement straight away, if your looking for betta fish eBay really does have fantastic fish for sale and as I said earlier you can often find rarer or wild caught fish for sale, stuff you perhaps wouldn't find in a normal aquatics shop but if you want the standard fish you might as well just hit up the pet shop and get them there I agree it isn't worth it looking on online stores for them

GoldenWonderRyan

and maiden head is very good if you read any of the practical fish keeping magazines you will see they often get their stuff from that shop

Niki Rose

and maiden head is very good if you read any of the practical fish keeping magazines you will see they often get their stuff from that shop

Thanks yes I may be looking into betta's and also some less common fish , i'm going over to maidenheads later today to hopefully buy some fish there.

Latest threads

Top Bottom