online fish stores good or bad? Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Websites' started by jayham26, Apr 7, 2010.

1. jayham26Valued MemberMember

I have a question on online fish stores and if its a good idea to buy fish from them. I mean they ship them to the store why not your house. The site I'm looking at is oddballfish.com. First thing I want to know is has anybody heard of them. Second has anybody bought from them. I have never bought fish online and my local pet stores suck so any info would be great. Thanks

2. e_watson09

e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

I've never heard of oddballfish.com but I know two of the biggest online sites are where most pet stores and LFS get their fish. I'd try there. I plan to buy 6 snakeskin barbs, 6 otos, and a rainbow (I forget the exact kind) from Liveaquaria.com Shipping is terrible it's like $30 or something like that but I don't think it matters how many fish you actually get.

3. cm11599ps

cm11599psWell Known MemberMember

I've bought fish onlinme from a place in San Diego. I'm on Long Island. They won't ship to me unless me temps are like above 40 degrees.

Shipping is like $24 no matter what you order. Never had a problem.

4. lostsoulstav

lostsoulstavNew MemberMember

Anyone ever ordered from somethingsphishy.com or discusmadness.com?

5. OP
    OP
    j

jayham26Valued MemberMember

Thanks for all the reply's I didn't know anything about the website oddballfish.com and just wanted info on it but if there's another trusted site I rather go there. My biggest fear is paying for a dead fish or give money to a bad fish dealer. Thanks guys:D

sorry it took me a long time to reply back

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice