One Week Old Tank With Three Guppies

Fishilicious

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I bought a 17 gallon tank for my daughters birthday on the 8th of May and set it up with safestart. I didn’t know about the cycling and added four guppies. It turned out they were from a diseased tank in the pet shop and two went back as one nibbled the other to bits and the other two died.
I tested the water on Saturday and it tested great perfect scores actually. The pet shop gave me a substitute guppy and my partner bought two others and we now have three. The water is still testing great and I’m on top of water changes. The guppy I got from the original pet shop is swimming verticals and takes lots of breaks from swimming but he eats well and interacts with the others well. The other two fought the first day but have been chasing each other around ever since.

I’ve read if you make it to 5-6 guppies they exist better together so that’s what I’m thinking. But I would also like so exciting and interesting fish, I like the idea of bottom dwellers, tetras and algae eaters but have no idea what would look best in my 17 gallon tank, any ideas?

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcome to Fishlore!

How are you testing the water? And what does "great" mean? Your tank is cycling, so the parameters shouldn't be good.

What are the dimensions of the tank?

Fishilicious

Reaction score
BobNJerry said:
on topic..but off topic.. what is your ratio of male/female guppy?
They are supposed to be all males

TexasDomer said:
Welcome to Fishlore!

How are you testing the water? And what does "great" mean? Your tank is cycling, so the parameters shouldn't be good.

What are the dimensions of the tank?
I got a testing kit and all fell into the good bracets

I have added the aqua safe from the start and added live planting from the start, the fish seem really healthy apart from the one from the local pet store.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom