One very lucky fish

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I turn lights on, start feeding everyone... I notice one of my two filters stopped working.

Motor felt very hot, so I figure its clogged.

I unplug it, start dismantling it...

Theres something slithering in the water.

20200104_055755.jpg

She is sooooo darn lucky it stopped working. Shes alive and unharmed. She swam in through the outtake! Time to block those up.

yeti79

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Glad the noodle made it! I had the same thing happen but my kuhlI wasn't as lucky:(. Had trouble with HOB filters for my 20 before that and that incident sealed their fate. I switched to sponge filter and been very happy ever since

OP
MissNoodle

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Kitley said:
wow...lucky for sure
Very! Last one that did this wasn't as lucky

yeti79 said:
Glad the noodle made it! I had the same thing happen but my kuhlI wasn't as lucky:(. Had trouble with HOB filters for my 20 before that and that incident sealed their fate. I switched to sponge filter and been very happy ever since
Ive lost ONE to it in another filter. This time she was lucky the filter impeller jammed. I found her swimming in the gunky water and then she tried to hide in the impeller

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Glad that your kuhlI survived! No more scary filters for him!

Yoni

Reaction score
MissNoodle said:
I turn lights on, start feeding everyone... I notice one of my two filters stopped working.

Motor felt very hot, so I figure its clogged.

I unplug it, start dismantling it...

Theres something slithering in the water.

20200104_055755.jpg

She is sooooo darn lucky it stopped working. Shes alive and unharmed. She swam in through the outtake! Time to block those up.
Omg, very lucky indeed

John58ford

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I can't say it enough, I love my pre filters and mesh screens lol. Glad to hear a success story on the rescue though, my snails and fry that made that mistake while I was learning and setting up weren't as lucky.

In one tank I actually use a course sponge on the outflow as I have had certain stock try to get in that way too lol.

New Threads